The Med/Vet Summer Leadership Academy at St. George’s University gives a student a unique opportunity to get an inside view of their future career as a doctor or veterinarian.
- This two-week program offers students the opportunity to:
- Experience medicine firsthand with trips to the local clinics, hospitals, farms, and businesses to gain practical experience.
- Get an inside look at what it’s like to be a medical or veterinary medical student with hands-on experience in state-of-the-art training facilities lectured by SGU faculty and staff.
- Enjoy the beautiful Caribbean island of Grenada, with trips to the beach, hikes in the rainforest, and snorkeling excursions.
- Earn college credit for participating in lecture and clinical work.
- Discover how adding an MBA or MPH to their medical or veterinary medical degree will set them apart from their peers and help them stand out throughout their career.
St. George’s University is a center of international education, with students, graduates, and faculty drawn from more than 140 countries. Since its founding in 1976, St. George’s University’s network of over 14,000 School of Medicine graduates have practiced in all 50 US states and more than 50 countries around the world.
Want to learn more? Check out this video
The correct course code for this course is ANFS 450/650
- Individual Tutoring. TutorFind Directory is now online! Undergraduate tutors are available for $12/hr; graduate tutors are $15/hr.
- Drop-In Tutoring. Two hours a day, five days a week, drop-in tutoring is available in math, chemistry and physics.
- Group Tutoring. Free group tutoring in a number of courses is offered each semester. Groups are formed in response to student requests.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
- Workshops at the OAE. Check out the workshop schedule
- Online workshops: Your Roadmap to Success (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/). These workshops are designed to help you identify skill areas you need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate your progress.
- Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice.
- Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of the OAE staff members to assess their current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.