Job Title: Field Trial Research Assistant
Start date: On or around 6/01/23
End date: On or around 8/31/23
Job Type: Hourly (up to 40 hours per week)
Location: Southeast PA, NJ, DE, MD
- Assist in vegetable trial management, harvest, and data collection in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Follow harvest protocols including picking, weighing, and evaluating samples of multiple crops, keeping samples organized for efficient processing.
- Capture data in iOS operating systems.
- Assist in collecting and submitting leaf tissue samples according to sampling protocols.
- Perform tasks to ensure compliance with all Bayer policies and quality standards.
- Position entails driving a company vehicle to get to and from trialing locations.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience in open field or protected culture environments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Able to work in high temperatures and humidity during peak operational season.
- Able to lift/carry up to 50lbs with or without assistance.
- Current undergraduate student in a plant science, horticulture, agronomy, plant breeding, plant pathology, or related degree program.
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or vegetable crop production practices in a research environment.