The Milton Garden Club is now accepting applications for the Milton Garden Club Post-Secondary Student Scholarship for full-time students attending colleges or universities in the State of Delaware including University of Delaware, Delaware State University and Delaware Technical & Community College. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the number of qualified applicants.
- Applicants must be returning sophomore, junior or seniors enrolled full-time in a college or university in the State of Delaware studying in the field of agriculture and natural resources.
- Applicants must be legal residents of Sussex County, Delaware.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the study of landscape and ornamental horticulture; plant science including sustainable landscapes, production horticulture, plant pathology, plant biology and genetics, soils and environmental quality; landscape design and architecture; agribusiness marketing and management or another similar related field.
- Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Scholarship Achievement
- Community service, leadership and activities in and out of school
The application deadline is April 30, 2021. Applications can be submitted any time prior to and including the April 30th deadline. The completed application packages should be returned to Carol Mertes-Smith, Scholarship Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Milton Garden Club, Inc., c/o Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 203, Milton, DE 19968
MILTON GARDEN CLUB POST-SECONDARY STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Please type or print clearly.
College or University Attending________________________________
Field of study_______________________________________________
Please attach the following to this application:
- School transcript with current grades
- A one-page typed essay describing your current studies, school involvement and community service. Include your future plans as they relate to horticulture, plant science, agriculture or related studies, including how you hope to use your degree to serve your community.
- A financial need statement not to exceed one page. Include an explanation of your need for a scholarship that includes any form of financial assistance, scholarships or grants you expect to receive.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your field of study.
A complete copy of your application must be received no later than April 30, 2021 but can be submitted any time up to and including the April 30th deadline. Completed application packages should be emailed to Carol Mertes-Smith, Scholarship Chair at: email@example.com or mailed to: Milton Garden Club, Inc., c/o Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 203, Milton, DE 19968