Dear UD Student,
- Are you trying to navigate the complex world of virtual learning and working?
- Are you trying to figure out how to get a job that allows you to be your authentic female self?
- Do you feel like no matter what you learn in the classroom, you still feel unprepared for the work world?
- Do you feel like you could use more examples of successful women as role models?
- Do you want to connect with other female students that have similar experiences to yours?
As a female student at UD, you are invited to attend all sessions:
Ascend: Empowering Female Students for Success
The WLI, in collaboration with the Lerner College Women in Business RSO has developed the ASCEND series to address these issues. Our certificate program includes 7 interactive zoom webinars, and will require attendance at each session, along with a short reflection assignment to obtain a certificate. Due to limited space, students much complete an application for this program, and will be accepted on a first come basis. For more information, email Amy Stengel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our single session option allows students to register for one session at a time to any and all sessions that are of interest. Due to limited space – registration for each individual session is required, and session will be closed once filled.
These 75 minute online sessions are set up to address these issues. Each session will
teach critical leadership skills, introducing participants to successful female executives to serve as advisors and role models, and invite you to build connections with other female students with similar experiences.
Each of these online sessions will include a 20-minute talk from a successful female executive and a facilitated breakout discussion where students meet one another and deepen their learning and connection.