Environmental Studies Internship Opportunities
Shift Hours 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
|2017 Environmental Studies Summer Intern Hire (Rates Discussed at Interview)
|Delaware Department of Transportation
|DelDOT Administration Building: (800 Bay Road, Dover, DE, 19901)
The State of Delaware Department of Transportation Internship Program provides Environmental Studies students with training to accompany their classroom knowledge. Under direct supervision, students will perform various duties that are directly related to wetland and natural resource work. Duties will include but are not limited to wetland delineations, field reviews, biological stream statistics, construction plan reviews, and assisting with permitting. Position will be located in Kent County. The length of an internship is approximately 10 weeks.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Environmental Studies Internship Students
Interested students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Have completed their freshman year seeking their Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resources or a closely related major.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Include a resume with application.
- Furnish a current unofficial transcript to State of Delaware Department of Transportation Attn: Christie Bonniwell by close of business March 31, 2017 (fax 302-739-8282 or mail to Delaware Dept. of Trans., PO Box 778, Attn: Christie Bonniwell, Dover, DE 19903).
Additional Posting Information
Internship students are paid on an hourly basis and may be in full-time or part-time work status. Benefits, earned leave, or paid holidays are not associated with this job title. Salary information will be discussed during interviews.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DelDOT does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application is evaluated based upon a rating of training and experience.
Once you have submitted your application, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.