Lancaster Farming continues to GROW with circulation of over 59,000 copies weekly, with over 160 pages of news and advertising each week and is the #1 agriculture newspaper in the mid-Atlantic region. Our print products coupled with our website www.LancasterFarming.com are a leading source of news and information for the farming and Ag communities we serve.
We are seeking a representative in DE or on the Delmarva Peninsula to work from home/remote from our main office and drive circulation and advertising revenue in this region by developing and working a sales strategy through relationships with agribusinesses, equipment dealers, truck dealers, ag associations/bureaus and other local companies for the purpose of selling advertising and newspaper subscriptions.
The representative also enhances brand awareness of Lancaster Farming by participating in local agriculture events (trade shows, expos, seminars, etc.).
Training, support & resources are available and ongoing. Residence/location in Delaware/Delmarva Peninsula preferred.
The duties and responsibility of the representative include, though are not limited to, the following:
- Sales – Primary responsibility to increase advertising and circulation sales & revenue.
- Establishing and expanding a customer/advertiser base (cold-calling required)
- Servicing the needs of the customers such as regularly calling on customers, working with customers to create Ads, advising customers of size and color options, and following-up on customer concerns and inquiries.
- Develop sales strategies and establish sales targets
- Maintaining customer & lead information – maintaining accurate customer records
- Sales forecasting
- Provide customer feedback and market research
- Reporting activity to manager – sales reporting, budget, etc.
- Attend local agriculture events, fairs, and activities
- Represent Lancaster Farming with a high degree of professionalism.
- Experience in an agriculture related field, business, communications, or media (preferred). Will consider student close to graduation with media and/or ag studies.
- Proficient computer skills
- Outgoing personality, motivated
- Excellent communication skills & good business sense
- Ability to travel, driver’s license required with a good driving record.
This is a Full Time salaried position with monthly incentives. Vehicle required.
Contact: Tom Abbott 717-721-4461 or email your resume, cover letter & contact info to email@example.com