LAUREL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
MARKETING INTERN OPPORTUNITY
Since 1917, the Greater Laurel Chamber of Commerce has worked to advance the economic development of Laurel, Delaware, by promoting the civic, industrial, commercial, agribusiness and social interests of the community. The Broad Creek Bike & Brew has been the Chamber’s signature event for the past four years. The Chamber is seeking an intern to develop and help implement a marketing plan to grow participation in that event through its website and the aggressive use of social media and other venues of general biker interest.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with Chamber leadership to set measurable goals toward increasing event participation from 400 riders to 1,000 by June 2016
- Working with Chamber staff to enhance website focus on Bike & Brew through regular updates and recruitment incentives
- Researching bike shops in the Mid-Atlantic Region and marketing the event to introduce and promote its awareness among their customers
- Identifying and establishing our presence on appropriate biking websites
- Creating more awareness of our event on appropriate social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Plus+, Tumblr, Instagram, Flickr and other popular networking venues
- Identifying biking-focused or –related publications and cultivating their interest in covering or promoting awareness of our event
- Assuring all sites or venues include details on how to register for the event
This will be a part-time internship ideal for students with an interest in tourism, event planning, hospitality, economic development, business administration, communications, English or journalism. The position will begin upon selection of the candidate and run through June 2016.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook or other emailing applications
- Ability to work independently as well as to multitask
Those who are interested may email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.