"If I Knew Then What I Know Now" …Final Weeks

During the final weeks of the semester it is so easy to lose focus on your schoolwork knowing that the holidays are just around the corner. The last couple of weeks of school are filled with fun end-of-semester activities and as classes begin to wind down it is also easy to fall behind in them with so many good distractions. As a freshman last year I wish I had foreseen the amount of cramming that I would have to do the few days before finals. Had I been able to do so I would have definitely started studying in short spans during the last 2-3 weeks of the semester because my finals week was exhausting! Reading Day provides a great opportunity for studying so I suggest you make use of it! It is so easy to slack off because it is basically a day off but it would have helped me out to study that Thursday rather than cram the following week.

-Bonnie McDevitt

cmanneri

Christy is a graduate of the Biden School of Public Policy and Administration at the University of Delaware with a master's in Public Administration. She is the chief operating officer of a local non-profit, 3B Brae’s Brown Bags and a Communications Specialist for the University of Delaware. Her research interests include issues of social justice, such as nutritional insecurity, community re-entry, and domestic violence. She also volunteers with her local school district and has a deep passion for education policy, as she believes many social injustices stem from inequitable opportunities in education.