We had a lot of fun talking about the band, their music, and their career so far–including their upcoming tour that will include a stop in Wilmington on Sunday, October 19, at 7:00 pm at Jupiter Records, 2200 Marsh Road. It’s a geographically challenging tour–including dates on adjacent days in Denver and Tempe! We also talked about small states–South Dakota and Delaware, and some of the band’s adventures. The stories about the songs we played were a lot of fun, too. Apparently, we gave “Leo” it’s radio world premiere on WVUD!
- The Kickback’s Tumblr Blog.
- Coverage of what happened in Lincoln, NE, on Saturday October 11, 2014 (HearNebraska.org).
- The Kickback’s Wikipedia Entry.
- The Kickback’s Facebook page. When we posted this page, The Kickback’s geographically challenging tour dates made up their Facebook banner. Clearly Mr. Yost and Mr. Ifergan don’t teach Geography when they’re not rocking out….
- The band’s twitter feed.
Billy Yost of The Kickback
(Recorded live 10/14/14; host: Mandorichard), 23:43, 22.8 MB.
Note: Full version of the tracks were played in the radio broadcast, but, due to copyright considerations, all tracks are excerpted in the podcast version.
The following music is heard in this episode of The Music Room:
- Artist / Song / Album (or note) / Label (or source) / Date / Notes
- The Kickback / Sting’s Teacher Years / Sorry All Over the Place / 2013 (unreleased) / Excerpt included in podcast
- The Kickback / Leo / Sorry All Over the Place / 2013 (unreleased) / Excerpt included in podcast
- The Kickback / White Lodge / Sorry All Over the Place / 2013 (unreleased) / Excerpt included in podcast