On January 31, 2014, Steve Kramarck welcomed the members of kRush into the WVUD studio for an interview that was at times humorous, touching, and very interesting. They even performed a song live in the WVUD stdio.
kRush is a Rush tribute band from New Castle County, DE, that includes
- Ken Gildea: Lead vocals, bass, keyboards, bass pedals
- Andy Logue: Guitars, vocals, bass pedals
- Bill Murphy: Drums and percussion.
They describe themselves, and their music, as follows:
We are three seasoned musicians who pay homage to Rush in this tribute. A bass player/ singer/ keyboard player with pedals. A guitar player who also plays pedals. A percussionist who plays acoustic and electric drums, bells, blocks, wind chimes, you name it! We play a healthy dose of “popular” Rush tunes as well as some obscure gems that true Rush fans love. Whether you’re die hard or a passing fan you will enjoy a kRUSH show!”
kRush, live at WVUD (Recorded 1/31/14; original broadcast date: 2/11/14; host: Steve Kramarck). 28:21, 27.2 MB.
The following music is heard in this episode of The Music Room:
- Artist / Song / Album (or note) / Label (or source) / Date / Notes
- kRush / Analog Kid / Unpublished Live Recording / J.B. McGinnes, New Castle, DE / 2013
- kRush / Closer to the Heart / The Music Room / WVUD / 2014