Welcome to the Delaware Alpha Chapter
The Tau Beta Pi Association, Inc. was founded in 1885 to mark in a fitting manner those who have conferred honor upon their alma mater by distinguished scholarship and exemplary character as undergraduates in the field of engineering, or by their attainments as alumni in the field of engineering, and to foster a spirit of liberal culture in the engineering colleges.
The Delaware Alpha Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, located at the University of Delaware (Newark, Delaware) was founded on November 25th, 1933 as Tau Beta Pi’s 66th chapter nationally. Our Bent is outside the front of Evans Hall, once home to the College of Engineering, and was installed in 1981. In our 84 years, we have inducted 2,564 of outstanding engineers into our ranks.