Our Annual Wellness Events
Click the projects below to view details about annual health and wellness events.
Ongoing Virtual Wellness Activities
We want Blue Hens to be able to engage in activities that promote improving their wellbeing even when we can’t be together on campus. The events below may have dates associated with them, but all the materials to participate are available online for use ANYTIME. Most of the tools mentioned are FREE or low cost so that UD students can select the activities and learning opportunities that work best for their goals and needs.
- 5 Week Summer Wellness Journey – We’ve collected 25 different FREE* online resources and tools. Use one each day to complete a wellness action Monday through Friday. In five weeks, you’ll have improved your own wellness, learned how to help other people boost their wellness, and developed skills to take action in your community in order to build a safer, healthier and more well place to live. (*almost all are free, some have greatly reduced costs)
- 28 to Make: Art Making Video Series: Thanks to access granted through the UD Library, Blue Hens have the ability explore thousands of videos through the Alexander Street video distribution library for free, including this awesome collection of over a dozen short (about 2 minutes in length) how-to videos centered around art-making and other creative processes. These videos are a great resource for students looking to expand their creative wellness skills or simply take a break from their studies to do something creative and relaxing.
- Choose Your Own Wellness Adventure – We’ve posted a series of resources and activities on our Instagram channels (@UDWellnessAmbassadors and @LiveWellUDel) so you can choose your own wellness adventure! Follow along based on weekly themes or mix-and-match activities between days. This is your chance to spend time making wellness choices that work for you — pick what interests you to learn more about, what sounds the most fun, or whatever fits best into your current lifestyle.
- Wellness Break Videos – SOS created a series of videos to support students in developing skills related to stress reduction, anxiety management, creative expression and more! Videos have included instructional dance lessons, learning how to create your own mindful coloring mandala, nervous system resets and even how to use crystals.
- Bystander Intervention Action Steps – Follow along via @UDWellnessAmbassadors and @ud_sos throughout the fall semester (beginning August 17) with the hashtag: #BITBatUD for weekly tips, strategies and resources to help you learn how to be a pro-social bystander so you feel better equipped to intervene and support a fellow Blue Hen in a situation related to sexual misconduct (ex. stalking, harassment, dating violence, etc.).
Live and On-Demand Wellness Videos
Yoga, Exercise and Movement
We know that during this time maintaining sobriety or managing trauma may be more challenging. We also know that stressful times like this are challenging for everyone. Engaging in practices that promote physical wellness can aid in managing these stressors. As a result, we are excited to share this collection of FREE fitness class videos which Employee Health and Wellbeing have made available to the entire UD community. Classes are taught by trained instructors and range in length from 20 – 60 minutes. The course library includes: yoga, Zumba, Pilates, HIIT, and more.
National Recreation Movement
Along with wearing masks and washing your hands, exercise is another way to protect our UD flock. As a result, UD has joined NIRSA‘s 2020 #RecMovement to help our Blue Hens stay active by searching classes to find the right one for you. This collaborative of over 40 colleges and universities allows students, faculty, staff and alumni to participate in live online fitness classes, as well as access pre-recorded workouts. Each week you log 200 minutes, you will be entered to win swag.
Instructions to Begin
- Create your account. All you need to register is your UD email address.
- Join the 2020 #RecMovement.
- Access pre-recorded workouts from our UD Lil’ Bob instructors and other instructors from around the nation: https://2020recreationmovement.com/
Student Wellness Newsletter
We want you to be well throughout the year. Sign up for our newsletter for updates about upcoming wellness opportunities on campus. We’ll keep you informed about great events, upcoming kiosks, and more.