Spiritual Wellness Resources
A spiritually well person strives to practice mindfulness, acceptance and gratitude. This is achieved through time spent alone for self-reflection, as well as time spent engaging in respectful dialogue with others about values, morals and principles. Spiritual Wellness enables a person to feel empowered to appreciate and value the world around them while finding balance and harmony in that world.
Engage with Spirituality No Matter Your Faith or Beliefs
Use the toggles below to explore resources related to Spiritual Wellness through a variety of lenses.
Practicing Mindfulness and Self-Reflection
- The Problem of Self-Help in a Liquid Age – this podcast explores, “why modern life can feel like liquid, and how the typical approach to personal development and self-help doesn’t rescue us from drowning in it.”
- How to Develop Greater Self-Awareness – this podcast explores how self-awareness enables you to be more effective, and outlines strategies to develop it.
- Stillness Is the Key – this podcast describes what stillness is, “what it means to find stillness in mind, body, and soul, and how an individual can have stillness in one of these areas, but chaos in another.” As well as “how journaling and limiting media inputs can help us foster our own mental stillness.”
- Your Routine Needs Rites of Passage – this article discusses how rites of passage can be “thought of in terms of small, back-and-forth pivots you repeatedly make each day” in order to transition from one space to the next or from one role to the next (ex. from lecture hall to restaurant job, student to server and back again the next day).
- The Flow State: How to Enter Your Brain’s Most Productive State – this article discusses how to get “in the zone” to achieve your goals and feel better about the work you are doing.
- Morning Routines – this podcast explores the benefits of having an establish morning routine.
Interacting with the World and the People In It
- What Driving Tells Us About Agency, Skill, and Freedom – this podcast explores, “how freely moving around in our environment is a big part of what makes us human and how shifting from being the drivers of our own cars to the passengers of self-driving cars could result in a loss of that humanity by eliminating agency, privacy, and proficiency.”
- 10 Things We Regret NOT Doing in College – this podcast explores experiences that students may not consider engaging in while they’re in college, but can prove to be very meaningful, more influential and better supportive of overall wellbeing than “traditional” experiences.
- Building the Perfect Day – this podcast explores how you can craft control over life and experience the world through a better mindset.
- Nomadic Matt – this website offers articles and interviews about traveling the world on a budget, how to travel solo more safely, how to respect the cultures of the people whose countries you’re visiting and some of the best places in the world to explore.
- How to Find Your Calling in Life – this podcast looks at callings not as jobs or career paths but moments of action in life (ex. calling your grandparents regularly, picking up a part-time job, taking a woodworking class, etc.) and how to hear these callings and following them to improve your wellbeing.
- Essentialism: How to Do More by Doing Less – this podcast looks at how doing less allows you to work better (on whatever you’re working on: relationships, school, a job, etc.) and prevents you from feeling mediocre because you’ll be finding ways to change and adapt in order to avoid failing, instead of just trying to get by.
- In Praise of Maintenance in a World Obsessed With Innovation – this podcast explores the benefits and critical need for individuals, communities and the humanity at large to begin practicing more maintenance actions and behaviors to ensure innovations have a foundation on which to be built.
Transitioning from Adolescence to Adulthood
- 10 Essential Life Skills That Every Student Should Have – this podcast explores how to gain foundational skills to help you become a more fully-functional adult human such as: finding solutions, receiving criticism, thinking about the future and more.
- Journeying From the First to the Second Half of Life – this podcast explores how to find meaning, balance and value in adulthood by considering questions about internal and external “asks.”
- How to Best Harness Your Willpower – this podcast explores, “how shame, the people who surround us, and even, ironically, making progress with our goals, can all lead to the sapping or loosening of our willpower,” and strategies to have better willpower so you can have more balance in your life.
- The 3 Tasks of Moving From Adolescence to Adulthood – this podcast explores “the three tasks a young person must master to transition to adulthood, which includes discussions of what prevents twenty-somethings from taking on grown-up responsibilities, how parents need to shift from a supervisory role to a consultant role, the importance of getting going in the right direction, and why young adults should treat life like a climbing wall.”
- 10 Things We’d Tell Our 18-Year-Old Selves – this podcast explores tips and wisdom around relationships, productivity, happiness, and health.
- How to Build Strong Habits – this podcast explores how having good habits that you support by sticking with them will enable those habits to better support you throughout life.
Browse More Wellness Dimension Resources
Click on any of the buttons below to explore resources related to the selected wellness dimension.