Social Wellness Resources
A socially well person strives to interact and communicate harmoniously with the world around them, develop and maintain healthy relationships, and build a strong support network. Social Wellness enables a person to feel empowered to connect and contribute to their community, respect oneself and others, and improve their wellbeing through a healthy social network.
Connect with Peers, Make Friends, and Build Relationships
Use the toggles below to explore resources related to Social Wellness through a variety of lenses.
- Facebook Campus – this article describes a new student-only feature on Facebook that allows students to connect with the other students on their campus.
- How to Make Friends in College: A Comprehensive Guide – this article explores how to make friends with intention.
- Social Skills: How to Be Confident in Social Situations – this podcasts provides tips and strategies for being more confident in social situations ranging from friends you already have to meeting new people and the role that hobbies and interests play in connecting with others.
- Corq – this app works on iPhones and Android devices and allows you to explore all of the events listed on Student Central that are being hosted by RSOs and Fraternity and Sorority chapters at UD.
Community Service and Support
- Be My Eyes – Be My Eyes is a free app that connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call.
- Navigating Healthy Relationships – this Student Wellness webpage explores how to build and maintain healthy intimate partnerships.
- Voices of UD – Since 2017, members of the UD community have shared their thoughts on the divided nation, how words matter and the destructive nature of hate speech, how to speak up for democracy, and, most recently, the pandemic’s impact. You can share your voice too or listen to the voices of fellow Blue Hens.
- ANTH 101 – participate at your own pace and to whatever capacity you have time for in this free, virtual anthropology course and community experience.
- Social Skills Archives – this collection of articles and podcasts will help you learn how to build rapport, deal with difficult people, become a better conversationalist, improve your social life, have better interactions with coworkers, managing social awkwardness and more!
Browse More Wellness Dimension Resources
Click on any of the buttons below to explore resources related to the selected wellness dimension.