Physical Wellness Resources
A physically well person strives to nurture a healthy connection with their body. This connection is maintained and improved through regular exercise, balanced nutrition, good hygiene, recognition of the body’s warning signs, proper illness care, quality sleep and safer sex. Physical wellness enables a person to feel empowered to be responsible for one’s personal health, identify areas for realistic improvement and celebrate areas of success.
Moving, Sleeping, Eating and More.
Use the toggles below to explore resources related to Physical Wellness through a variety of lenses.
- Why You’re Tired All the Time: How to Have All-Day Energy – this article explores factors that effect your ability to get and maintain good sleep hygiene.
- Optimize Your Sleep: 5 Tips for Falling Asleep Faster and Sleeping Better – this article provides tips and strategies to help you improve your sleep.
- Bed Time Sleep Calculator – Find a time to go to sleep so that when your alarm goes off you aren’t waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle which can cause you to feel groggy.
- How Do I Sleep Better? The Ultimate Guide for Improving Sleep – this article the benefits of good sleep, how much to get, how to improve your sleep quality, strategies to prioritize sleep in your life and more.
Nutrition, Eating and Hydration
- How to Stay Hydrated: Here’s Everything You Need to Know – this article explores some myths around proper hydration so you can learn the truth about how much water you need to drink regularly.
Exercise, Fitness and Intentional Movement
- How to Improve Your Fitness — Without Going to the Gym – this podcast discusses affordable options to workout at home or when you are on vacation.
- Employee Health and Wellbeing & Recreation Fitness Classes – a collection of FREE videos that students have access to for fitness and exercise lessons covering topics such as: yoga, Zumba, Pilates, tai chi, and more.
- Safer Sex and Sexual Wellbeing – this Student Wellness webpage will help you learn about safer sex basics like how to use a condom, sexual citizenship and STI information.
- Factors that Affect BAC – this is a list of things that impact your blood alcohol content such as: age, biological sex, medications and more.
- ScreenU – ScreenU is a FREE, online, anonymous and confidential screening tool that provides students with immediate, personalized feedback about their use of alcohol, marijuana, or prescription drugs. Students who take the ScreenU assessment receive strategies to reduce risk and harm related to their use. Students will also receive information about campus resources and services available to support them if they choose to make changes to their use.
- Substance Use and Our Community – this Student Wellness webpage will help you learn bystander intervention strategies to help your fellow Blue Hens if they are in an unsafe situation, as well as tips if you or your friends choose to go out, to reduce potential risk. This is includes information about what responsible drinking looks like and a choose your own adventure style game that shows you how your choices may impact your night if you choose to drink.
Hygiene and Health
- Student Health Services – don’t forget to check out UD’s Student Health Services webpage for robust information about services at the health center including STI tests, immunizations, x-rays, emergency contraception, minor injuries and more.
- Wellness Archives – a comprehensive repository featuring podcasts and articles on topics including: eating, flossing, breathing, sleeping, medicine, exercise, and more.
Browse More Wellness Dimension Resources
Click on any of the buttons below to explore resources related to the selected wellness dimension.