Managing Academics and Your Wellbeing
Use the toggles below to explore strategies for addressing answers to the statement, “I want to…”
Improve My Time Management
- How to Stop Procrastinating: The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need – this article provides information about what procrastination is, how it happens and how to overcome it.
- A Guide to the Pomodoro Technique – this video explains how to use the Pomodoro Technique to combat procrastination.
- Deep Work: How to Focus and Resist Distractions – this podcast episode discusses ways to train your mind to improve your ability to concentrate.
- How to Actually Use Productivity Tips and Improve Your Life – this podcast episode discusses how skill building, habit building and asserting control can help you be more productive.
- How to Invest Your Time Like Money – this podcast compares time with money, in the sense that you need to be responsible with how you invest your time so that you are making the most of what little you have in a way that best supports your life, wellness and goals.
- Stop Procrastinating Today With Behavioral Science – this article explores the “Procrastination Equation: Motivation = Expectancy x Value / Impulsiveness x Delay” and how mastering the equation can help you better control the ways you spend your time and manage your responsibilities.
Improve My Studying and Test-taking Skills
- How to Overcome Test Anxiety – 5 Strategies That Work – this video explores how the signs of anxiety and the signs of excitement overlap, and how you can use this to your advantage to approach exams with a healthy and positive mindset.
- How to Create a Study Schedule for Your Final Exams – this video helps you create a study/revision schedule so you can “minimize the time you spend procrastinating and studying inefficiently, study in the most effective ways possible, spend the most time on the most important material, and manage your health and stress levels well”
- Confidence Tracking: A Brain Hack for Improving Your Exam Grades – this video discusses how “tracking your confidence in the moment is the best way of accurately gauging it” when you are answering exam questions that you aren’t 100% certain of the answer for.
- How to Motivate Yourself to Study (The 5-Step Process) – if you don’t have time to build better studying habits, then this article will help you course correct in the immediate present to get you through a particular rough patch with studying, paper writing or general procrastination.
- Ace Your Exams – according to a University of California study, 33% of students didn’t do well academically because “they simply didn’t know how to study,” and this article seeks to help readers with the author’s personal academic tips for success.
- Studying and Learning – this resource repository includes information on learning, studying, note-taking and more.
- How to Study with INTENSE Focus: 6 Essential Tips – this video highlights ways to quit multitasking so you can focus on one action item at a time in order to do more and to do it better.
- Learning How to Learn – in this podcast, Peter Brown, co-author of the book “Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning” is interviewed and shares some counter-intuitive strategies to learn better.
- Write This Down: Note-Taking Strategies for Academic Success – this article explores several different tools and tips for taking better notes, both in class and after class.
Improve My Ability to Focus
- How to Improve Focus With an Audio Cocktail – this article describes how to use White, Pink and Brown noise to create a blend of background sounds for concentration needs, all for free using the internet or apps.
- How to Become Indistractable – in this podcast interview, Nir Eyal, a behavioral design expert and the author of “Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life,” discusses how to deal with distraction triggers, how to identify what you really need to be doing, how to control your attention and the relationship between distraction and focus.
- Why Multitasking Makes You Less Productive (Except When It Doesn’t) – this video discusses why humans are pretty bad at multitasking and really can only do it successfully in three very specific scenarios, otherwise it’s best to stick with one to-do list item at a time.
Manage Online Learning Better
- How to Overcome the 3 Biggest Challenges of Online Learning – this article examines how time, distractions and Zoom fatigue can make online learning difficult, and provides resources to overcome each of these challenges.
- Working and Learning from Home – this resource repository collects tools for communication, staying organized, reducing distractions and increasing focus, as well as apps that can help you learn.
Graph Paper and Note Paper
Use Incompetech’s free collection of graph paper and note paper to enhance your ability to take high-quality and super useful notes. Bonus tip: Incompetech also features free calendar printouts, royalty free music and more!
UD's Writing Center
Use the services available for free at UD’s Writing Center to get the research paper, presentation creation and speech writing help you need.
Choosing Well at UD
Click on the images or titles below to explore the "Choosing Well at UD" series which includes information about topics such as substance use, safer sex, healthy relationships, stress management, and more.