AlcoholEdu is a Required Program
Welcome to the University of Delaware! In an effort to further advance our students beyond the classroom, The University of Delaware has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol misuse prevention and sexual assault prevention in higher education institutions across the country.
The University of Delaware expects all new students under the age of 26 (excluding Graduate students) to complete AlcoholEdu for College. This online program will help you develop the critical skills to make more thoughtful and educated choices outside the classroom. Our hope is that with these skills you will find greater success both here at UD and well beyond graduation. Check your UD email account for important correspondence regarding these programs!!
You will receive an email invitation to complete AlcoholEdu – be sure to check your University of Delaware email! The program will open on August 8, 2022 for the Fall 2022 semester and cannot be accessed before that date. Following that date, you can access the program at http://www.udel.edu/006145 The deadline for completion of Part 1 is August 26, 2022. If you do not complete this requirement, you will receive a hold which will prevent you from registering for future classes!
Instructions for Use
UD Student Access to AlcoholEdu for College
The University of Delaware is requiring each new student under the age of 26 to complete AlcoholEdu for College – an online alcohol education program. A hold will be placed on your account preventing you from registering for future classes if you do not complete this course.
(As long as you successfully complete Part 1 of the program, no hold will be placed on your course registration while you wait to take Part 2.)
If you have any questions about AlcoholEdu, please email AlcoholEdu@udel.edu. You will receive a response within 1 business day.
For the limited number of students who may have received notification of this mandatory educational requirement after the deadline, YOUR PERSONAL ACCESS to this program will remain open until September 30. Please complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and pass the exam by that date.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the Everfi Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every screen or contact them at 866-384-9062.
Contact us at AlcoholEdu@udel.edu with any questions!
- For the Fall 2022 semester, you CANNOT begin the program until August 8, 2022 with a deadline to complete the program by August 26, 2022.
- You will receive an email invitation to complete AlcoholEdu for College. This is the only way to access the program so be sure to set up and check your UD email!
- Take Part 1. Time: 1 hour & 15 minutes. You do not have to complete it all at once but it does need to be completed by the deadline.
- Pass the EXAM with an 70% OR HIGHER. You will need to retake the exam if you do not pass with an 70% or better. Once you pass the exam, you are done with Part 1.
- After 45 days, you’ll receive an e-mail to log back in and finish Part 2 of the course (15 minutes).
Have Questions About AlcoholEdu?
Click the tabs below to learn the answers to our most frequently asked questions:
Where can I find AlcoholEdu?
How long will it take?
Do I have to do it?
The University of Delaware requires all incoming students under the age of 26 complete AlcoholEdu for College (except Graduate students). If you do not complete this requirement, you will not be able to register for future classes.
What if I've already completed this or something similar?
You will need to complete AlcoholEdu for College for the University of Delaware. This program contains resources and information specific to the University of Delaware so we require all of our students to complete the program even if you have completed AlcoholEdu, or something similar, at your previous school.
What do I do if I have a hold on my account?
Please complete the required program(s) first. You can access AlcoholEdu by searching your UD email for your invitation to the program. Once you complete Part 1, please email Alcoholedu@udel.edu and request that your hold be removed. Completion of Part 1 is what is required to have your hold removed.
Part 2 is locked, what do I do?
There is a 45 day intersession between part 1 and part 2 of AlcoholEdu. If you are waiting to have a hold removed, please email AlcoholEdu@udel.edu and request that your hold be removed upon completion of Part 1.
Having Trouble with AlcoholEdu?
Here are some common troubleshooting solutions:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, try a different browser such as Chrome (first choice), Firefox or Safari.
- You may be too far zoomed in. Try zooming out.
- Close all other applications and tabs. (iTunes, Facebook, YouTube, etc). Additionally, do not have any CDs or DVDs playing on the computer while viewing the course.
- Clear your cache.
- If on a wireless connection, try a wired connection.
- Switch to another supported browser. I would try Chrome first and then Firefox.
- Reboot the computer.
- Disable all popup blockers and 3rd party toolbars.
- Try accessing the course from a different connection (computer lab, library, etc.).
- Try watching the videos on your phone or tablet and then switch back to your computer to finish the course.
- Try accessing the course at a different time of day (eg. during non-peak internet usage hours, i.e. morning).
What if none of these tips work?
Please contact Technical Assistance at Everfi for any technical difficulties within the program! They can be reached at 866-384-9062 or by using the “Help” button on each page of the program.
Reminder: AlcoholEdu is a program that we have partnered with Everfi to bring to our campus. The University of Delaware’s IT department does not manage this program and is unable to assist with troubleshooting.
Resources for Parents
EverFi provides a website to assist parents in ensuring their students complete the AlcoholEdu requirements and establish healthy norms when they arrive on campus. Click the link to view the Resources for Parents page.
UD Policies and Information
The following websites provide information related to campus policies such as as amnesty, as well as prevention resources.
- Medical Amnesty Protocol: If assistance is sought due to a serious and immediate risk from the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs, the Office of Student Conduct will not pursue conduct charges against a student for violations of the Alcohol Policy, Drug Policy or policies related to the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs.
- Questions about Amnesty: If you have other questions regarding the Medical Amnesty Protocol after reading the information from this page, please review the complete protocol or contact the Office of Student Conduct.
- kNOw MORE Campaign: The University of Delaware kNOw MORE campaign is a reflection of the efforts by UD faculty, staff, and students to stand up, participate, and help to raise awareness about sexual misconduct and gender-based violence.