World Mental Health Day is Thursday, October 10
Posted on October 8, 2019 at: 2:14 pm
Several organizations are working together this Thursday to host a conversation about mental health.
Through an online Twitter discussion, students will have a safe space to share how colleges and universities can better support students’ mental health and reduce associated obstacles. Students can participate in the chat by searching the hashtag #MHDChat. @EVERFI will be co-hosting the chat with @jedfoundation, @active_minds, @healthymindsnet, and @thestevefund on October 10th from 3:30-4:30 PM ET.
As part of the #MHDChat discussion, we’ll be sharing out links to online resources to support students in improving their mental wellbeing. You can also check out these same resources by clicking on the URL links below:
- Active Minds information about the signs and symptoms of mental health issues https://www.activeminds.org/about-mental-health/signs-and-symptoms/
- Active Minds information about how to support a friend who may be struggling with a mental health related issue https://www.activeminds.org/about-mental-health/basic-var/
- Seize the Awkward is a campaign to help folks learn how to have challenging conversation about mental health more effectively https://seizetheawkward.org/
- An article about how exercise can be used as a way to improve mental wellbeing https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/how-to-using-exercise
- An article about using mindfulness to improve mental health https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/how-look-after-your-mental-health-using-mindfulness
- An article about the role of sleep in mental wellbeing https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/how-sleep-better
- An article about ways to manage and reduce stress https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/how-manage-and-reduce-stress