Keeping Our Community Healthy
Student Wellness and Health Promotion is operating remotely. Our services, resources and programming are available virtually. To schedule a counseling or advocacy appointment, call us at: 302-831-3457. To schedule educational outreach, submit a Program Request form. For any additional questions, email us at: email@example.com.
Sexual Offense Support
Alcohol and Substance Use
- AlcoholEdu for College is an educational program for all incoming students
- BASICS Program: provides brief alcohol and marijuana screening, feedback and education
- Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) for students in recovery or with a close friend or family member in recovery from addiction
- Confidential drug and alcohol counseling and referral to treatment
- ScreenU: FREE anonymous screening tool for immediate feedback about your alcohol or other substance use
Crisis Counseling and Victim Advocacy
- All services are available to victims of sexual assault, harassment, stalking, dating, and domestic violence
- 24/7/365 crisis intervention and advocacy through Sexual Offense Support (S.O.S.)
- Prevention education and advocacy including how to give and ask for consent
- Bringing in the Bystander®: an interactive program that shows how everyone has a role to play in ending sexual misconduct
- Individual Appointments for confidential crisis counseling
- Support Groups: include our Empowerment Group for survivors of sexual violence, as well as a Healthy Relationships Group
Wellness Education and Additional Services
- Wellness Break Videos a series of videos to practice mindfulness, learn how to do creative wellness activities, engage in yoga and more.
- Student Wellness Newsletter is a monthly newsletter with upcoming wellness events, involvement opportunities and educational activities
- Upcoming Events new additions every month, all are FREE for students
- Paid and unpaid internship opportunities
- Request educational programs for your classroom, RSO, chapter, team or other group
May = Creative Wellness, Mental Health Awareness and Academic Wellbeing
In the video above, students are encouraged to join the Blue Hen Wellbeing Community by registering at www.udel.edu/007581 in order to gain access to events (including musical performances) and activities (such as a condom wrapper design contest) as well as resources and tools (like guided meditations) that enhance Creative Wellness, promote Mental Health and support Academic Wellbeing. This fully virtual Canvas-based community is open to all UD undergraduate and graduate students and is entirely FREE, self-directed, non-credit bearing and accessible via phone or computer.
Blue Hens are Helping to Protect the Flock
By creating and sharing digital materials, UD Protect the Flock Student Wellbeing Ambassadors will help reduce their peers’ risk of COVID-19 infection by encouraging student engagement in protective factors (such as mask wearing), self-advocacy (such as sticking to party-size limits), and other UD community health efforts (such as completing the daily symptom checker). Click the button below to learn more about the program.
A Podcast Mini-Series by Students, for Students.
This semester we’ll be featuring twice monthly episodes scripted and hosted by our ambassadors. Below you can listen to the latest episode, or you can catch the series on Spotify: www.udel.edu/008184.
Improve Your Wellness
Be sure to share the resources below with fellow Blue Hens to promote a healthy and well campus for all.