Keeping Our Community Healthy
Sexual Offense Support
S.O.S. Victim Advocates are available to call 24/7/365. Press 1 to reach a victim advocate. The staff member who answers will take a first name and phone number, and an S.O.S. Victim Advocate will call you back within 10 minutes. Click the button below to call.
Create a foundation for lifelong wellbeing by providing Blue Hens with the wellness tools to make healthy choices that contribute to a safer UD.
Student Wellness and Health Promotion supports behavioral health and wellness. Behavioral health and wellness encompasses the promotion of health, resilience and wellbeing for individuals and communities to support body, mind and spirit.
Overview of Services
We offer a wide variety of health and wellness services to our students and campus community. Click the toggles below to learn more about these resources
Alcohol and Substance Use
- AlcoholEdu for College is an educational program for all incoming students
- BASICS Program: provides brief alcohol and marijuana screening, feedback and education
- Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) for students in recovery or with a close friend or family member in recovery from addiction
- Confidential drug and alcohol counseling and referral to treatment
- ScreenU: FREE anonymous screening tool for immediate feedback about your alcohol or other substance use
Crisis Counseling and Victim Advocacy
- All services are available to victims of sexual assault, harassment, stalking, dating, and domestic violence
- 24/7/365 crisis intervention and advocacy through Sexual Offense Support (S.O.S.)
- Prevention education and advocacy including how to give and ask for consent
- Individual Appointments for confidential crisis counseling
- Support Groups: include our Empowerment Group for survivors of sexual violence, as well as a Healthy Relationships Group
Wellness Education and Additional Services
- Wellness Break Videos a series of videos to practice mindfulness, learn how to do creative wellness activities, engage in yoga and more.
- Student Wellness Newsletter is a monthly newsletter with upcoming wellness events, involvement opportunities and educational activities
- Upcoming Events new additions every month, all are FREE for students
- Paid and unpaid internship opportunities
- Request educational programs for your classroom, RSO, chapter, team or other group
Connect With and Contact Us
- Location: Suite #305 Warner Hall, 280 The Green, Newark, DE 19716
- Phone: 302-831-3457
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @LiveWellUDel
- Engagement: Upcoming Events
Blue Hens are Helping to Protect the Flock
By creating and sharing digital materials, UD Student Wellbeing Ambassadors will help reduce their peers’ risk of COVID-19 infection by encouraging student engagement in protective factors (such as mask wearing), self-advocacy (such as sticking to party-size limits), and other UD community health efforts (such as completing the daily symptom checker).
A Podcast Mini-Series by Students, for Students.
This semester we’ll be featuring twice monthly episodes scripted and hosted by our ambassadors. Below you can listen to the latest episode, or you can catch the series on Spotify: www.udel.edu/008184.
Student Involvement Opportunities
We recognize that different students have different needs for improving their personal wellbeing and different talents to help improve our campus wellbeing. To provide wellness growth for as many students as possible, we offer campus events, internship opportunities, supportive communities and experiences that build professional skills.
Blue Hen Wellbeing Community
This is a free, non-credit, self-paced and self-directed online learning space for UD students to explore wellness topics that interest them while connecting with their peers. Click to learn more about the Blue Hen Wellbeing Community.
Collegiate Recovery Community
The CRC provides a safe space so a person doesn’t have to choose between recovery and their college degree! Click to learn more about CRC at UD.
Sexual Offense Support Peer Advocates
Improve Your Wellness
Be sure to share the resources below with fellow Blue Hens to promote a healthy and well campus for all.
Choosing Well at UD
9 Wellness Dimensions
We believe there are 9 dimensions of wellness that impact human life. Click to learn more about the 9 Wellness Dimensions.
Take a short wellness break or learn more about wellbeing. Click to watch our Wellness Videos.