Leadership Councils meet on a regular basis with the goal of community building, collaboration, and articulating the needs of select student populations. Want to learn more? Email email@example.com for more information.
African-American & Black Leadership Council (BLC)
The African-American and Black Leadership Council is advised and guided by the Center for Black Culture. BLC meets monthly to discuss upcoming events and issues impacting the Black community.
Members of the BLC:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Lambda Gamma Chapter (AKA)
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Xi Omicron Chapter
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Cultural Programming Advisory Board (CPAB)
- Dark Arts Performing Dance Company
- Delaware African Student Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. – Mu Pi Chapter
- Gospel Choir at UD
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. – Nu Xi Chapter
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. – Kappa Eta Chapter
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Chi Theta Chapter
Asian, Pacific Islander, & Desi American (APIDA) Council
The Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi American Leadership Council was originally proposed in Fall 2017; however, full implementation of the Council began in Fall 2018 under the guidance of Student Diversity and Inclusiom.
Members of the APIDA Council:
Latinx Hispanic Leadership Council
The Latinx Hispanic Leadership Council was originally proposed in October of 2016 by the Vice President of University Affairs for the Student Government Association (SGA). The council met for the first time in November 2017, advised by Student Diversity and Inclusion.
Members of the Latinx Leadership Council:
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
- Campus Alliance de La Raza (CALR)
- Hispanic/Latino Graduate Student Association (HLGSA)
- Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc. – Omicron Chapter (LPC)
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon Fraternity, Inc. – Zawadi Chapter (LSU)
- Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Delta Pi Chapter (LTA)
- No Blue Hen Is Illegal
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS Chapter at UD)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Uni Dreamers
LGBTQ+ Leadership Council
The LGBTQ+ Leadership Council was proposed in May 2017 to represent the Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, and Queer community and to bring together representatives from relevant LGBTQ+ student organizations on campus. The council met officially for the first time in September 2017, advised by Student Diversity and Inclusion.
Members of the LGBTQ+ Leadership Council: