New Student Immunizations
Health History Requirements
Updated April 20, 2022
- Prior to fall semester – July 25
- Prior to spring semester – January 25
Required Health History (Medications, Allergies, Medical Conditions, Family History, etc)
All students are required to complete the Health History section located in the UD Health Portal. Providing this information helps ensure appropriate and individualized care at Student Health.
This information can be updated at any time should your health history change.
Required Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
All incoming students must complete a tuberculosis screening questionnaire available in the “Medical Clearances” section of their UD Health Portal.
Additional requirements for TB screening for students with identified risk factors are available in this section of the portal.
TB blood tests are strongly recommended for any student who has received the BCG vaccine or who has lived or spent time in an area with a high incidence of TB.
The University of Delaware requires the following vaccines for students:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses after age 12 months, spaced at least 28 days apart
- Meningococcal ACWY – 1 dose after age 16 for students living on campus
- COVID-19 – Primary series and booster when eligible
All incoming students must submit documentation of the required immunizations specified above. We encourage you to submit your entire vaccine record so that your health information is accurate.
Students may submit UD’s immunization form or an official copy of their immunization records from their healthcare provider. (See instructions below)
Specific academic programs may have additional immunization requirements.
How To Submit Your Immunization Records
- Log into the UD Health Portal.
- Click the “Medical Clearances” link.
- Click the green “Update” button next to “Immunization Form.”
- Upload your completed UD Student Health Immunization Form that is signed by your healthcare provider (or upload an official copy of your immunization record from your healthcare provider).
- **If you are having difficulty uploading your document within the Medical Clearances section, you can attach it via secure message on your UD Health Portal or fax it to 302-831-6407.
- Documentation is processed in the order it is received and the time frame for processing is dependent on submission volume. Please allow at least two weeks for processing.
The process for medical and religious exemption requests for required vaccine(s) for the 2022-2023 academic year will be posted on this site after June 1, 2022. Please check back at that time.
Non-Compliance with Immunization Requirements
Any student who is non-compliant with their immunization and/or tuberculosis testing requirements will have a hold placed on their student account and will be unable to register for future semesters.
Location: Laurel Hall, 2nd Floor
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Phone: 302-831-2226, Option 1