Frequently Asked Questions

How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments can be scheduled by phone call to 302-831-2226 or in person at Laurel Hall, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Do I need to cancel my appointment?
If you are not going to keep an appointment, please call 302-831-2226 well ahead of time to cancel your appointment so we can offer this time to another student.

What if I am sick and have no way to get from my residence hall to the health center?
Students can call Student Health at 302-831-2226 if they are unable to get to Student Health. If necessary, Student Health will contact Transportation Services or Public Safety to arrange transportation. In cases of emergency, dial 911 to connect with University of Delaware Police Department.

If I need care at 2 a.m., do I need to wait until 8 a.m. for medical advice?
The Aetna After Hours Nurse Medical Advice Line is available to all University of Delaware students after business hours by calling 800-681-3957.

Does it matter if I am late for my appointment?
If you arrive late for your appointment, you may need to reschedule.

Can I call and speak with someone about health questions?
Nurses are available to speak with you regarding health related questions and concerns. If the nurse is busy, leave a message and the nurse will get back to you as soon as possible.

Where is Student Health Services located?
SHS is located in Laurel Hall, at the base of the Green. Follow the walkway south from Morris Library. We are on the northeast side of the intersection of South College Avenue and East Park Place.

Where can I get the required medical history and immunization forms?
Immunization forms are mailed to incoming students. If you need another copy, call 302-831-2226 or email your name and address to studenthealth@udel.edu and we will mail another copy. If you need the form immediately, you can download the forms and print them on your printer. Medical history forms are available to incoming students on our secure SHS server.

What will happen to me if I do not return the immunization and medical history forms?
The immunization and history forms are a pre-arrival requirement. Matriculated students need to submit these forms to Student Health before starting classes. Any matriculating student who does not return these forms, returns an incomplete form, or does not have required immunizations / tuberculin ppd test / required signatures will have registration blocked for their second matriculated term. For example, a student starting in the fall who does not meet the requirement will have their spring registration blocked (starting with spring pre-registration).

What is the UD Health Insurance Plan for Students? Is that run by Student Health?
More information about the University of Delaware Health Insurance Plan for Students can be found here.

Emergencies and After-Hours Care

Medical Emergencies

Christiana Care Health System

Newark Urgent Care

CareNet After-Hours Medical Advice

Other Options for 24/7 Care and Pharmacies

Be sure to tell your provider if you suspect or know that you are COVID-19 positive so that appropriate precautions can be taken.