Pre-hearings provide an opportunity to learn more about a pending conduct case. You will meet with a Pre-Hearing Officer and discuss the following:
- Your rights within the student conduct process
- The student conduct process in general
- The specific case pending, including the policies for which you have been charged
- Possible sanctions which would be applied of your are responsible for the charges
- Your options for resolving the case
Pre-hearings are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30AM-4:00PM. A pre-hearing usually lasts for 30 minutes, but we will gladly spend as much time with you as needed to answer all your questions.
You may schedule a pre-hearing using our on-line scheduling system. You will be asked to create an account with a little bit of information, just so we know who to expect.
Alternately, you may come to the Office of Student Conduct at your convenience without making an appointment, You will be seen as soon as someone is available on a first-come, first-served basis (priority will, of course, be given to those with pre-scheduled appointments.) Choosing to walk in may result in a lengthier wait.
If you have been co-charged with other students, you may conduct a pre-hearing together.