The Office of Student Conduct is open and operating in a hybrid fashion. All conduct meetings (such as case intakes and hearings) will be conducted via Zoom. Selected members of our staff will be in the office Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM for walk-in consultation. Please ensure you observe all University COVID-related guidelines if you visit in person.
You may contact us at 302-831-2117 during business hours or at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with questions.
Please visit the Student Conduct COVID-19 homepage for information regarding COVID and conduct.
Additional information is also available on the University COVID-19 homepage.
Mission of the Office of Student Conduct
Our mission is to foster safe, healthy, and positive learning and living environments so students can be successful in all their endeavors. We educate students about behavior expectations, which are contained in the Student Guide to University Policies, and hold them accountable when these expectations are not met.
When students make mistakes, the Office of Student Conduct’s role is to respond in a balanced manner emphasizing both education and accountability. Through these efforts, we strive to effect change in students so that additional mistakes do not occur and impact students’ success.
What the Office of Student Conduct expects of students
- Students will read, know, understand and abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Students know right from wrong and will make appropriate choices.
- Students will take responsibility for their own behavior.
- Students will be honest in all that they do and will admit when their actions and behaviors violate the Code of Conduct.
- Students will understand if they violate the Code of Conduct and engage in behaviors that are detrimental to themselves and/or the community, they will be held accountable for this behavior and sanctioned accordingly.
- Students will understand that egregious and/or repeated violations of the Code of Conduct will result in suspension or expulsion.
What students can expect from the Office of Student Conduct
- Students will be treated with fairness and respect and as independent adults.
- Students will receive timely notification of charges, status updates and resolution.
- Students will have their questions (regarding the conduct process, possible outcomes, sanctions, etc.) answered completely and in a timely manner.
- Students will be referred to other campus offices or community agencies as needed.
- Information regarding a student’s conduct history will be kept confidential, with information released only to those with a legitimate right to know such information.
- In certain circumstances, students’ parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will be notified when the student is found responsible for violating policies contained in the Code of Conduct.