Special Collections at the University of Delaware Library collects, preserves, and makes accessible rare and unique materials such as:
- Rare Books – are valuable, significant and scarce.
- Artists’ Books – works of art in the form of a book.
- Fine Press Books – relatively small, high quality, private publishing companies.
- Manuscripts – usually unpublished, primary source material that document the activities of an individual or family.
- Archives – usually unpublished, primary source material that document the activities of a business or organization.
Location and hours
Special Collections is located on the second floor of Morris Library, 181 South College Avenue, Newark, DE 19717-5267 USA. (302)-831-2229. Email.
Hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For more on visiting Special Collections, see our visitor’s info page.