• To contact an SOS Victim Advocate, call the UD Helpline 24/7/365 at 302-831-1001 and press 1. The clinician will check to make sure you are safe, then take a first name & phone number and have an Advocate call you back within 10 minutes.

For UD Students Studying Abroad

For UD Students in Study Abroad

Before you go:

You are encouraged to read the extensive travel information provided by the U.S. State Department, including:

If you experience victimization while abroad, we recommend that you:
  • Consult with the UD staff members coordinating your trip and/or call the Study Abroad Office back on campus.  They can assist you with options, determining what to do, and navigating the local resources.
  • S.O.S. is still a resource to you if you are a UD student abroad.  Call our crisis number for a confidential listening ear, for help determining a plan of action, or for assistance in finding resources where you are in the world.
  • If you were victimized by someone else who is affiliated with the University (student, staff, faculty), you have the right to report the incident to the University.  The Sexual Misconduct policy applies to all University-sanctioned programs happening anywhere in the world, regardless of location of the incident.  An advocate can explain the reporting process and answer any questions you may have.
  • The laws and the criminal justice systems in other countries can be vastly different from what you may expect in the U.S.  It is recommended that you contact the local victim service agency in that country for assistance.  The following are resources to assist you:
When you return to campus:

You may benefit from talking with a professional advocate/counselor at Student Wellness & Health Promotion for follow-up services when you return to campus.  If you have initiated a UD sexual misconduct complaint, a professional Advocate can advise and accompany you throughout every stage of this process.  Call 302-831-3457 to make an appointment.

Comments are closed