• To contact an SOS Victim Advocate, call the UD Helpline 24/7/365 at 302-831-1001 and press 1. The clinician will check to make sure you are safe, then take a first name & phone number and have an Advocate call you back within 10 minutes.

Financial Resources

Financial Options

  • Victims who file a police report in Delaware (whether the case is pursued by the Attorney General’s Office or not) are eligible to have medical expenses, mental health counseling costs, lost wages from missed work, damaged property, and a list of other expenses paid for by the Victim’s Compensation Assistance Program.  Victims must have a qualified Victim Services professional sign the application form and the professional advocate/counselors at Student Wellness may serve as your signer.  The professional advocate/counselors at Student Wellness & Health Promotion have copies of the application forms and can assist you with this process. Call 302-831-3457 during business hours to make an appointment.
  • If you reported your assault to University officials so that charges could be brought through the Sexual Misconduct reporting process at the Office of Equity & Inclusion, and you eventually choose to withdraw from the University because of your assault, you may be able to receive a partial refund for what you paid for the semester. Additional financial assistance may also be available depending on the circumstances and your need.  You can discuss these options with a professional advocate/counselor at Student Wellness, staff at the Office of the Dean of Students, or the Title IX Coordinator at the Office of Equity & Inclusion.  Make an appointment with one of these offices for assistance.

Comments are closed