Complainant Resources

Resource Information 

“I experienced sexual misconduct. What should I do?”

Go to a safe place

After experiencing sexual misconduct it is important to remove yourself from physical, mental, and/or emotional danger. Please go to a place where you feel safe. This could be a friend, spouse or RA’s room, Student Wellness and Health Promotion, or contact Campus Safety or 911.

Ask for Support

It is a victim’s choice whether or not to report an incident of sexual misconduct. However, it is important for victims to speak with someone who can provide them with their appropriate resources and options. Advocacy is an important source of support. Learn more here about advocacy.

Call the UD Helpline for 24/7 victim support

302-831-1001, Option 1

Call YWCA Sexual Assault Response Center


Call UD Police Victim Services or 911

302-831-2222, ask to speak to a Victim Services employee

Call someone close to you who can provide you with support

Get Medical Help

Student Health Services

Laurel Hall

282 The Green

302-831-2226 (main)

302-831-2226, Option 2 (Sexual and Reproductive Health Services)

Christiana Care

4755 Ogletown Stanton Road, Newark, DE

University of Delaware Police Department

302-831-2222UDPD will provide transportation to Student Health Service or Christiana Hospital for University students.

Take Care of your Mental and Emotional Health

Sexual Misconduct can be a traumatic experience. You may feel unsafe, overwhelmed, or guilty. Some may even experience symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Because of this, please utilize these campus resources to take care of your mental and emotional health.

Call the UD Helpline for 24/7 victim support

302-831-1001, Option 1

Student Wellness and Health Promotion

305 Warner Hall (Wellbeing Center)

280 The Green, Newark, DE 19716


Center for Counseling and Student Development

201 Warner Hall

280 The Green, Newark, DE 19716

Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.


Know Your Options and Rights

You are afforded important rights as a complainant.

Utilize a Title IX Case Advisor

Review UD’s Sexual Misconduct Policy

Report to Campus

University Title IX Coordinator, Dawn Barker Floyd, J.D.Office of Equity & Inclusion, 305 Hullihen Hall, Newark, DE 19716(302) 831-8063, titleixcoordinator@udel.eduOr submit a Title IX Reporting Form.

Report to the Police

Call 911; tell them the type of crime and where it occurred. They will dispatch the appropriate police agency to assist you.