University of Delaware Alternative Breaks

Meet the Executive Board

Community Engagement Chairs

A Community Engagement chair is responsible for continuing and developing relationships with community members outside of UDaB and University of Delaware’s current community.

Alyssa Barnes

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is being given the opportunity to learn about communities and social justice issues that I was previously unfamiliar with.”

Andrew Woods

He / Him / His

“My favorite thing about UDaB is that it gives everyone the opportunity to complete community service around various areas of the United States while working directly with the community and making meaningful connections.”

Public Relations and Marketing Chairs

A Public Relations and Marketing chair is responsible for the branding, public relations, marketing, and advertising of the UDaB program across campus and with our community partners.

Rachel Salkovitz

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is getting the opportunity to meet different people and learn about various social justice areas with other likeminded individuals.”

Srisha Bolledula

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is creating connections among different communities and each other!”

Recruitment Chairs

A Recruitment Chair is responsible for drawing interest to UDaB and encouraging students to apply to be participants, working closely with the Public Relations chairs, Community Outreach, and Diversity and Inclusion chairs.

Annie Stohler

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is getting out of my comfort zone and learning about different social justice issues.”

Jayke Marsh

He / Him / His

Site Research Chairs

A Site Research chair researches possible program sites through the use of Internet research, the Break Away database, and our UDaB archive of past researched and used sites.

Emma Meizell

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is meeting like-minded people on campus, and learning about communities that I wouldn’t normally get the chance to interact with!”

Ryan Kheshgi

He / Him / His

“My favorite thing about UDaB is providing students mutually beneficial service learning opportunities.”

Continuing Education Chair

A Continuing Education chair is responsible for planning and facilitating UDaB’s large group events including, but not limited to, the fall leadership retreat, Participant Meet and Greet, Send-Off event, Return event and Reorientation reunions.

Kim Ortega

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is the sense of community. UDaB provides me the opportunity to explore social justice issues knowing I am supported by a group of passionate and like-minded people.”

Diversity and Inclusion Chair

A Diversity and Inclusion chair is responsible for ensuring that the component “Diversity and Social Justice” is prioritized throughout all UDaB activities.

Angela Yu

She / Her / Hers

“My favorite thing about UDaB is hanging out with the awesome people and working on this great organization.”