Here are several suggestions for instructors who want to let students retake a test:
If it is before the due date or before the retract date with late submissions allowed, you can go to the published test, select Scores from the pull-down menu, click Submission Status, and click Allow retake for each of the individual students.
If it is after the retract date or after the due date and late submissions are not allowed:
On the published test, you can change the retract date and allow late submissions, but then students who didn’t take the test at all would still have a chance to take it. Those submitting after the due date would be marked LATE.
To prevent students who didn’t take the test at all from accessing it after the dates, you can:
- In Site Info, create a group with the students who can retake the test;
- In Tests & Quizzes, use the pull-down menu to
- duplicate the pending assessment;
- change the settings:
- give it a new title (Assessment Introduction);
- restrict the test to the new group (Assessment Released To);
- do not send the score to the Gradebook (Grading).
- publish the new test.
After students have taken the new test, add the scores manually from the new test to the original test (Tests & Quizzes > original published test > Scores > Adjustment > Update)