I am the Director of the Financial Planning and Wealth Management program at the University of Delaware.
I am also the owner of Benchmark Financial, an independent financial planning and wealth management firm.
I have spent over two decades working in financial planning roles at the JP Morgan Private Bank, TIAA-CREF, and currently at the University of Delaware. You can learn more about me below.
At the university:
- Faculty member in the Department of Finance
- Teach various undergraduate and graduate courses such as:
- Financial Planning, Investments, Valuation, and Derivatives.
- Director of the Financial Planning and Wealth Management Program
- Director of the Geltzeiler Trading Center
- Adviser to the Blue Hen Investment Club
- Member of the Retirement Plan Investment Committee
- Outstanding Teacher Award 2018 and 2011
Outside of the university:
- Owner/President of Benchmark Financial, LLC
- Fully independent Registered Investment Advisory firm
- Provide Financial Planning services to individuals and families
- I’m married (my wife is a UD Alumni) and the father of 2 young boys
My involvement in the community:
- Member of the CFA Society of Philadelphia Board of Directors
- Member of the A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children Planned Giving Committee
- Member of the St. Anthony of Padua Grade School Board
- Member of the Appoquinimink School District NAF Academy Board
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisers
- Member of the Society for Financial Services Professionals
My financial credentials:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Masters Degree in Finance
- Registered Investment Adviser