My Research Process

I often did my research in my dorm room and typically at night. I ran into trouble thinking of a solid opinion and trying to determine what exactly regarding my topic I was going to talk about. It was especially hard when I had a lot of other work or things to do because it became very overwhelming and made me less interested in a way.  When I began to look for scholarly resources on my topic I ran into a lot of difficulty because not much was coming up on the databases when I typed in my topic. Many times the things that would come up weren’t necessarily what I was looking for in regards to my topic and many were outdated as well. Sometimes it would even tell me there were no sources on my topics of discussion which was extremely frustrating.

However, when I went to the UD library I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were shelves of books all pertaining to my topic of multilingual and multicultural education. Although this was great to find, it also became overwhelming. I had too many good options and it was very difficult for me to determine what would be the best sources to use.

I plan on using the sources I got from the library and my online sources as I draft my final paper and if I find that I lack certain information I would like to use, I will go back to the library and get more sources. What I have learned is to split up my work so that I don’t get overwhelmed and to always use several sources for information because it is easier to find exactly what you’re looking for when you do. I found it very helpful to make outlines and schedules so that it breaks up the work and lessens the stress.

One thought on “My Research Process

1. Morgan

Rose,
    I liked how you did a different type of blog. I know we have worked together in class and you were still developing and deciding where you wanted to go with your paper. I think it is really important to narrow your ideas to one simple sentence. Believe me I know from personal experience that is a pain but I think it could really help you. Also maybe trying to do your paper during the day could help rather then late at night when you have other work. I was not sure about the memes; they did not come up on my computer but maybe its just mine. So other than that I think by writing this paper at a different time or going to the library rather then your room could really help you!

Morgan

Reply