Important Deadlines & Dates
|PTCAS Application Due||
UD Supplemental Graduate Application Due
Validated* PTCAS Applications
|♦Round 1: Early Decision AND General Decision applicants whose profile has been verified by PTCAS||August 15||August 31||End of August||September♦|
|♦Round 2: General Decision||October 1||October 15||End of October||November♦|
|♣Round 3: Final Deadline (as seats remain)
||December 16||December 31||End of January||February|
- PTCAS opens for applications on July 3, 2019.
- UDPT follows a rolling admissions process and early application is highly recommended. Candidates seeking consideration for admission to UDPT are advised to apply by no later than the October 1 deadline, preferably earlier. Waiting to apply by the December deadline is NOT advised.
- We cannot review any applicant who has not fully completed the PTCAS application or any application PTCAS has not verified (which can take 4-6 weeks).
♦These are longer interview days wherein the bulk of admission offers will follow. After interview Rounds One and Two, available seats may be limited.
♣Decisions about applicants will be made on a rolling basis with final decisions on all applicants anticipated by late-February. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure space availability in the incoming class. Offers will be extended to qualified applicants beginning with the early decision phase and continuing until fully enrolled. Anticipated interview dates may be cancelled should incoming class be at full capacity.
Steps for Application
- PTCAS application (opens on July 3, 2019)
- Complete and submit by the preferred deadline above
- To be considered complete, PTCAS must receive the following information by the desired deadline:
- All academic transcripts
- Foreign evaluation reports (for international applicants)
- All letters of recommendation — two from U.S. licensed physical therapists that applicant has observed in patient care and one from a professor of an upper-level course
- Completion and verification of at least 50 hours observing a U.S. licensed physical therapist with an additional 50 hours expected to be completed and verified by the time of matriculation
- The PTCAS verification process can take 4-6 weeks. The UDPT Admissions Committee cannot review applications that have not been validated by PTCAS.
- GRE/TOEFL Scores
- After taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), have scores sent directly to the University of Delaware (School Code 5811) by Educational Testing Services (ETS).
- At least one set of GRE scores must be reported to the University of Delaware (UD) by the respective application deadline.
- Additionally, international applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores to UD by the respective application deadline.
- Supplemental application (Mandatory)
- It is no longer necessary for applicants to manually create a supplemental application for UD, as most of the information you enter into your PTCAS application will be imported into UD’s graduate application system.
- Once your PTCAS application data is imported into the graduate application system, you will receive an email from the UD Office of Graduate & Professional Education with further instructions.
- Please DO NOT create a supplemental account or application until you receive the email from our Graduate Office with the instructions.
- UDPT cannot make decisions for applicants who do not complete the supplemental graduate application and pay the supplemental application fee.
Additional Steps for International Applicants
In addition to the application steps noted above international applicants will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- The University of Delaware DPT Program requires all international educational documents to be evaluated by World Education Services (WES), arranged for by the applicant, prior to submission of the PTCAS application. Please do not send international transcripts or foreign transcript evaluations directly to the University of Delaware Physical Therapy (UDPT). Foreign transcript evaluations are to be sent directly to PTCAS by the appropriate application deadline. More information about submitting these evaluations is posted on the PTCAS website.
- All foreign national applicants for graduate study at the University of Delaware are expected to have or gain English proficiency prior to enrolling in graduate coursework. UDPT requires TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores to demonstrate English proficiency. Following are UDPT’s preferred minimum TOEFL scores on each section of the exam:
- Total: 100 IBT or 600 paper-based
- Reading: 26
- Writing: 24
- Listening: 22
- Speaking: 26
- For complete instructions, please visit the Office of Graduate & Professional Education admissions website and follow the instructions for international students.
Average Admission Scores
The following data represents average scores of the most recently admitted DPT class (As of 3/15/2019):
- Average cumulative undergraduate GPA: 3.73
- Average science prerequiste GPA: 3.67
- Average GRE scores: 68th percentile (Verbal); 64th percentile (Math)
University of Delaware Department of Physical Therapy
STAR Health Sciences Complex
540 S. College Avenue, 210B
Newark, DE 19713