Opens: July 5, 2019 (Tentative)
Early Decision Application Deadline: August 15, 2019 (UD and Non-UD applicants)
PTCAS Essay Prompt (Not Confirmed): “Describe a meaningful experience in your life. Reflect on how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes or perceptions.”
Early Decision Requirements and Procedures
The following list represents the minimally acceptable criteria used by the UD Physical Therapy Admissions Committee in selecting Early Decision applicants. Given a highly qualified applicant pool, satisfying the minimal criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Must meet all of the minimum requirements for admission to UDPT.
- Must follow all of the required application procedures.
- The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) must be taken and scores submitted to the University of Delaware using School Code 5811 by no later than August 15. The applicant must receive scores of no less than the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam. The highest verbal and quantitative scores from all tests taken will be utilized when evaluating performance.
- Must have earned no less than 50 hours observing a U.S. licensed or educated physical therapist in patient care by August 15 (remaining hours can be satisfied at a later date). Hours will be submitted and verified through the PTCAS application.
- Must complete and submit a PTCAS Early Decision application by August 15. PLEASE NOTE: The PTCAS application does not need to be verified by the application deadline. It only needs to be completed and submitted by the deadline. However, earlier application is highly recommended to ensure PTCAS validation in time for an Admissions Committee review.
- Must submit three letters of recommendation by August 15. Two letters must come from U.S. licensed or educated physical therapists who can directly speak to the applicant’s volunteer work or performance in the clinical setting. One letter must be submitted by a professor of an upper-level course you have taken.
- When notified by the Office of Graduate & Professional Education (OGPE) via email, must create a supplemental account and application in UD’s supplemental graduate application system. Please DO NOT create a supplemental account or application prior to receiving the email from OGPE.
- Must earn a favorable interview with the Admissions Committee (by invitation only).
Advisement Meetings for University of Delaware Applicants Interested in an Early Decision
UD undergraduates who intend on applying to UDPT for Early Decision are cordially invited to schedule a 20-minute meeting on May 20 or May 27 to discuss the strength of their application. It should be noted that such advisement does not represent the definitive decision of the Admissions Committee. Instead, the guidance serves to enable UD undergrads to make a more informed decision on submitting an Early Decision application. Those interested in scheduling an advisement meeting can do so by contacting our admissions office (or call 302-831-8910).