THE MISSION OF THE DPT PROGRAM
The mission of the Department of Physical Therapy is to advance physical therapist practice by providing outstanding entry-level and post-graduate education, translating science to deliver quality clinical services, leading federally funded rehabilitation research, and training the next generation of rehabilitation researchers and leaders of our profession. The mission of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is to educate outstanding entry-level physical therapists who provide excellent physical therapy services, integrate scientific inquiry into their clinical practice and have a well developed sense of professionalism and social responsibility.
DPT PROGRAM GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Goal: The Department of Physical Therapy will recruit, train, and graduate individuals who will become outstanding physical therapists capable of meeting the needs of our profession and the patients we serve. Graduates of the program will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and behaviors to:
- practice in a wide range of practice settings
- use evidence in guiding their clinical decision making
- behave professionally and seek advanced training
DPT PROGRAM OUTCOMES
- UD Physical Therapy Program has an excellent reputation and is rated #1 in the Nation by US News and World Report.
- Our students have a 100% first-time passing rate on the Physical Therapy Licensing Exam.