Prospective Students

Description

I am currently seeking highly motivated students with strong academic background for fully funded positions to work at the intersection of software engineering, machine learning, and natural language processing at Drexel University (starting date Fall 2021 or Winter 2022). I am seeking students at the doctoral and masters levels. If you are enthusiastic about solving real-world Software Engineering problems, please reach out to me (detailed instructions are below).

Qualifications

An ideal candidate has strong programming skills, communication/writing skills, and willingness to learn. Experience in software engineering and machine learning are a plus.

How to Apply

Please submit the following documents via email to preethac@udel.edu under the subject “Potential Student Application”.

1. Brief cover letter including: your research interests, outline of previous research experience, preferred start date.
  2. Your current CV (including major accomplishments e.g., projects, publications, awards, etc.).
  3. One or two references that I can contact for a letter of reference (e.g., previous supervisors, instructors)
  4. Unofficial Transcripts
  5. Sample publications (if any)

I encourage you to include links to any projects/software that you have worked on.

The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. I will carefully go through all the applications, and contact potentially eligible candidates for a brief interview (via Zoom).

Resources For Applying To Drexel University

If you are thinking about applying to the graduate program at Drexel University, I have included some resources:

If you are already a student at Drexel University, feel free to email me to discuss potential research opportunities.

Overview of My Research

My research interests are primarily in software engineering, with an emphasis on improving software engineers tools and environments through data mining, text analysis and machine learning. I am especially interested in mining software repositories at a large scale, extending data analytics solutions to transform the plethora of information available in software artifacts into actionable nuggets of knowledge and tools, useful for both software engineers and researchers. I am also broadly interested in empirical software engineering.

For more information, please refer to: My Previous Publications and Presentations