PPE’s collection of briefs highlights key research findings and recommendations for policymakers, practitioners, and researchers in a quickly digestible format.
- Policy Brief: High Quality Early Care and EducationThe Importance of High Quality Early Care and Education for the future of Delaware's Children and Families Prepared by Rena Hallam, Associate Director of the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC); Martha Buell, Director of DIEEC; and Heidi Beck, Director of New Directions Early Head Start This policy brief describes the importance of…
- PPE's 2nd Annual ReportCheck out our second year of work creating and strengthening ties between the University and Delaware's public education system! Read our Annual Report to learn more about engaged partnerships, leading efforts, and the education work going on throughout the University of Delaware.
- Policy Brief: Coteaching in DelawarePolicy Brief: Coteaching in Delaware The Partnership for Public Education supports collaborative development processes among all stakeholders in education. University of Delaware educational researchers and professors, field supervisors, clinical educators, and graduate and undergraduate students from teacher education programs share the common goal to advance the success of public school students. This brief provides a…
- Practice Brief: Promoting Culturally Competent TeachingThis policy brief discusses the benefits of cultural competence and examples of implementation. The analysis concludes with recommendations for promoting culturally competent schools in Delaware.
- Policy Brief: The Future of Delaware School LibrariesThis policy brief The Future of Delaware School Libraries by the Institute for Public Administration was prepared for the Partnership for Public Education and summarizes the key findings and recommendations of the Delaware School Libraries Master Plan.
- PPE's First Annual ReportCheck out what we were up to during our first year! Read our Annual Report to learn more about engaged partnerships, leading efforts, and the education work going on throughout the University of Dela
- Recommendations on Delaware ESSAPPE gathered feedback from a range of contributors across multiple colleges, departments, and centers to engage in the development of the Delaware ESSA plan. This Policy Memo: Response to Delaware ESSA was submitted to the Delaware Department of Education.
- Policy Brief: A Focus on Teacher-Preparation ProgramsA successful K–12 educational system requires a complementary system of teacher preparation that is aligned with the needs of the K–12 community and provides a high-quality, diverse teacher workforce in numbers matching the current and future demands of the K–12 educational system. This new policy brief, The Future of Delaware’s Teacher Workforce: A Focus on…