Citation and Appeal Information
Complete Parking Rules & Regulations can be found on the Parking Services pages. By paying or appealing a citation you are assuming responsibility for that citation. Late fees are applied to citations 15 days after the date of the violation.
Students/Employees (affiliates with a UDelNetID and password)
University affiliates can access their current parking tickets/charges information by selecting the log in option below.
First-time recipients of a lacks valid permit citation; on the same day or the next business day after the citation was issued; can choose to have the citation waived in our office by buying a permit; for the day and lot the citation was issued in or have their citation reduced to the price of a day pass for the lot the citation was issued in by contacting us via email, mail, fax, or phone.
Visitors who receive notice of a parking violation for “Lacks Valid Permit” may have the fine excused by contacting Parking Services and establishing their visitor status. A copy of the registration to the vehicle, a photo ID, and a copy of the citation should be presented in person or by fax to 302-831-0594. The department will excuse no more than one such violation notice.
Cans for Cites
Non-perishable food items can be brought into the office or mailed. Online citation payments cannot be made under the Cans for Cites program.
Parking Violations & Penalties
- Unauthorized parking in accessible/disabled space, $100 first violation; subsequent violations $200
- Parking in fire lane, $100
- Fraudulent registration/Theft of Services, $100
- Unauthorized parking in reserved lot or space, $75
- Driving or parking on walks or grass, $55
- Parking in driveways or access ways, $55
- Unsafe operation of motor vehicle, $50
(includes speeding and wrong way)
- Shared Permit Violation: $50 first violation; subsequent violations $100
- A shared permit violation is issued when more than one vehicle is on campus utilizing the same parking privilege.
- Lacks valid permit, $45
- First-time recipients of a lacks valid permit citation; on the same day or the next business day after the citation was issued; can choose:
- to have the citation waived in our office by buying a permit; for the day and lot the citation was issued in or
- have their citation reduced to the price of a day pass for the lot the citation was issued in by contacting us via email, mail, fax, or phone.
- Parking in unauthorized lot or space, $35
- Meter and Overtime violations, $25
- Failure to pay kiosk $25
- Failure to display (license plate must face drive lane) $25
- All other violations, $25
All fines are payable at the Parking Services Office within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of violation. A late fee of $17.00 is added to all fines unless paid or appealed within this period. All fines not paid within 15 days after late fee is imposed become formal accounts receivables to the University and will be processed accordingly. All fines sent to Account Services, Payroll, or an outside collection agency will have a $10 administrative fee applied in addition to the late fee.
Parking Services reserves the right to change an offense cited on the “Notice of Violation,” if another violation is applicable.
A $25.00 returned check fee will be charged for each check returned by the University’s bank after being presented to the payee’s institution.
- Registration for a parking permit in another person’s name.
Multiple vehicle registration for the same period, except as permitted by University regulations.
Permit registration which is to be used by a person not authorized for University parking.
Display or use of a University permit by an unauthorized person.
Use of a “Visitor Permit “by faculty, staff, or student unless the use is authorized by the Parking Services Office.
Alteration, copy, or creation of a permit.
Misrepresentation of an individual’s eligibility to secure a University parking permit.
Use of a gate control parking privilege by/for an unauthorized person or vehicle (i.e. sharing ID’s, letting someone in)
- without a current permit;
- with an unauthorized, altered or revoked permit;
- without a license plate;
- with an expired license plate;
- parked in driveways, fire lanes, reserved or service vehicle spaces or gate-controlled lots;
- in repeated violation of parking regulations;
- blocking a loading dock or trash dumpster;
- parked in excess of 24 hours in a pay lot without obtaining permission of the Department of Parking Services;
- parked in an area designated as a construction zone or in an area which requires emergency repairs and the owner refuses to move the vehicle;
- parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic or to the movement and operation of emergency equipment.
The owner will be responsible for costs involved in removing, impounding, and storing such a vehicle including any expenses charged by the tow company as a “show-up” fee or road service fee.
The decision of the Appeals Board is final, and there is no appeal of its decision.
A surcharge of $15.00 will be added to your parking account for any $50.00 (or greater) violation for which the appeal is denied. A surcharge of $10.00 will be added to your parking account for all other violations for which the appeal is denied.
A late fee of $17.00 will be added to all fines due as a result of a denied appeal not paid within 15 calendar days of the date of the appeal notification letter.
The Appeals Board may deny an appeal and charge the violator with a lesser offense to reflect the most appropriate violation.
Appeal Process Steps
Citation is placed under appeal and is placed in a holding pattern. No fees will be added or changes will occur until the appeal is adjudicated.
Parking staff review the appeal and citation with current procedures for possible alternatives such as reduction, waive, or ownership transfer.
Parking administrator reviews the appeal and citation. The administrator may grant the appeal before it is heard by the Board if the situation warrants such action.
The Appeals Board reviews the appeal, citation, and is read the appellants description on the form and hears the appellant; if in attendance. The Board discusses the circumstances and makes a decision after the appellant has left.
The decision of the Board is sent in writing via email, campus mail, or U.S. mail to the appellant. When the appeal is adjudicated the citation is subject to appeal fees; if applicable; and late fees based on the appeal decision date.
Explanation of Appeal Results
Granted – Administratively – The appeal was granted during an administrative review prior to the Appeals Board meeting. This violation will serve as a warning and you are not required to pay the fine.
Granted – By Board – Based on the evidence available, your appeal has been granted. This ticket will serve as a warning and you are not required to pay the fine.
Denied – Violation Reduced – Based on the evidence available the Appeals Board has reduced the violation in question and waived the appeal fee. The amount listed on the notice is outstanding and due within 15 days of the date of the letter.
Denied – By Board – The appeal is denied. The original fine and the appeal surcharge are due within 15 days of the date of the letter.