User’s Guide to Register for an iLab Account and Request NMR Training (Level 1)
- To apply for a user account for the automated instruments, NEO 400, AVIII 600, NEO 600, and NEO 400 (STAR Campus) NMR spectrometers, you must be an undergraduate student, graduate student, post-doc, or faculty member of the University of Delaware. As a graduate student or post-doc, you may use the NEO400 (045 BRL), NEO 400 (STAR Campus), AVIII 600 (049 BRL), and NEO 600 (049 BRL) NMR spectrometers. As an undergraduate student, a verification email from your research advisor must be received before the access to the AVIII 600 and NEO 600 NMRs is granted.
- To get started, go to: https://udel.ilabsolutions.com/account/login and register for your iLab account using your UDEL credentials. One you are on the iLab Account Registration page, select your PI/Lab, and verify your contact information.
- After submitting your registration, your advisor will receive a notification about your request to join their lab in iLab. Your advisor or the department business administrator will need to approve your membership and assign the funding code for your NMR Core usage.
- Once your advisor approves your request, you can log in to your iLab account. Locate the NMR Core and click on the “Request Services” tab. In the “Training Request for NEO and AVIII600 (automation)” row, click the “initiate request” button.
- Provide your name and research group information, then proceed to the next page, filling out all necessary information to the best of your knowledge. Click the “Submit request to researcher” button at the bottom right of the page.When a group of 2 to 3 trainees is formed, you will be contacted to schedule a training session. During this training session (level 1), you will meet with an NMR staff member in the NMR laboratory (045 BRL) to learn about NMR laboratory safety, NMR sample handling, NMR experiment selection, NMR job submission, and NMR data processing, etc.
- Your username and password will be distributed to you during training session.
Additional Guides, Data Transfer, and NMR Processing Software
- Upon completing the training course (level 1), you will be granted access to the NMR lab (45BRL and 049BRL) using your UD student/employee ID card. Your login information can be found in an attached PDF file in iLab, associated with your service request for training.
- Please note that you are solely responsible for your user account information, and only you are allowed to use your account to submit NMR samples and access NMR data. Any unauthorized use of your account by others will result in the revocation of your user privileges for a given period of time.
- It is crucial that you remove the NMR sample tube(s) from the auto-sampler within 24 hours after receiving the automatic notification email from the spectrometer computer. Failure to do so will lead to the removal of your NMR sample from the sample carousel without any further notice. The NMR Facility cannot be held responsible for any lost or damaged samples.
- Your NMR data acquired on the automated spectrometers will be automatically transferred and backed up to the NMR server upon completing data acquisition. To access your NMR data, use a SFTP tool along with your username and password. You can download the SFTP software from the University software deployment website: http://udeploy.udel.edu/software-categories/networking-and-sftp. The NMR data server is named nmrserver.chem.udel.edu, with an IP address of 18.104.22.168
- For offline NMR software, you may go to: http://mestrelab.com/download/mnova/ and download MNova NMR software (version 14.1.1). Then go to: https://udeploy.udel.edu/software-categories/scientific/ to obtain a MNova License File.
- For offline NMR software, you may visit http://mestrelab.com/download/mnova/ to download MNova NMR software (version 14.1.1). Additionally, obtain a MNova License File from https://udeploy.udel.edu/software-categories/scientific/ to complete the process.