WALK-IN ADVISING HOURS
- Walk-in advising hours for general advising are available. Please see available dates and time.
- Come to Willard Hall, suite 305 & request to meet with Lori Mayhew, academic advisor.
If you are interested in changing majors to Applied Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Medical Laboratory Science or Medical Diagnostics, please contact Lori Mayhew to set up an appointment at email@example.com or 302-831-8804. You may also come during walk-In advising times posted at the link above.
Please use the Blue Hen Success Portal to make an advising appointment. If your Academic Advisor is not listed, please email them directly. Steps: Get Assistance, Assigned Advisor, and follow the workflow to select a date/time.
MMSC Course Registration
If you have questions regarding registration for courses offered by Medical & Molecular Sciences, please email Diana Levering at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, student ID and specific course section numbers in your email.
AREAS OF STUDY FOR MLS
- Chemistry: state-of-the-art instrumentation is used to analyze many biochemical constituents such as glucose, cholesterol, enzymes and drugs in body fluids
- Hematology: whole blood is used for examining, counting, and identifying red and white blood cells and platelets
- Immunohematology (blood bank): units of blood or components are typed and cross-matched for transfusion
- Microbiology: disease-causing microorganisms are identified and their susceptibility to antibiotics determined
- Molecular diagnostics: detection of nucleic acids in clinical specimens is used for the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of disease
- Body fluid analysis: urine and body fluids (other than blood) are analyzed chemically and examined for cellular structures and crystal formations
- Phlebotomy: blood is collected by venipuncture or by fingerstick for use by the laboratory departments to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of diseases