Meet the Eboard

unnamed (6)My name is Caroline Lawless and I’m currently a senior double majoring in Neuroscience and Biological Sciences with a Medical Diagnostics minor. I plan to fill my gap year between my undergraduate and medical school by participating in the 4+1 Master’s in Neuroscience program here at the University of Delaware, under the guidance of the Knox research laboratory which examines the neurobiological functions behind PTSD, anxiety, and chronic stress conditions. My interest in becoming a physician arose from not only my love of critical thinking and problem solving, but also for my love of communicating with people. I believe that the patient-physician relationship has the potential to be one of the most meaningful connections in our lives, and the fulfilling career as a physician provides the opportunity to see this unique, symbiotic relationship from both perspectives. Outside of Making Doctors this fall semester, you’ll find me volunteering at Christiana, working for the 87ers Promotions team, or maybe even walking with a PRoUD (Puppy Raisers of UD) puppy around campus!

unnamedMy name is Vinayak Rajendran, but I usually go by Vinu. I am a Senior Biomedical Engineering major with a Bioelectrical Minor. I hope to have a future career in Surgery or Emergency Medicine where I develop and implement biomedical technologies to help people in disasters or other unfortunate circumstances. In my free time, I like to eat, sleep, rinse, and repeat; otherwise you can find me working on DIY projects, meeting with RSOs, playing tennis, or eating more food!

unnamed (1)Hi everyone! I’m Alisa Chanchenchop, the treasurer of Making Doctors. Biological sciences is my major while Spanish and Piano are my minors. In the future, I’d like to be a wonderful osteopathic pediatrician so that I can support and comfort kids and their families through the scary times of sickness! I like to laugh (ask me about my burp joke), sleep, eat, run, dance, attend concerts, travel, watch Greys Anatomy, and all kinds of other fun verbs in my free time. Don’t hesitate to ask me about osteopathic medicine or study abroad in Spanish speaking countries! Feel free to also ask me to be your zumba buddy or to have a Taylor Swift dance party with you!

unnamed (2)Hey! My name is Erin Moffett I am a senior biology major with a minor in public health and I am the Public Relations Officer of Making Doctors.  I knew I wanted to be a doctor my senior year in high school, when I was observing a cholecystectomy, and the surgeon let me hold the gallbladder right after he took it out of the patient! I love learning how the human body functions and want to be able to help patients during their most difficult times. In my spare time I love to cook and eat!

unnamedName: Ryan Johnson
Year: Junior
Major: Medical Diagnostics
Minor(s): Biology, Medical Humanities
Reason for wanting to be a doctor: So I can provide quality medical care for patients and make their quality of life better. I want to continue learning about science, technology, and medicine throughout my life and the profession of a doctor allows me to do so.
What I like to do in my free time: In my free time I love to be outdoors. I grew up
fishing, hunting, and working with my hands. I love spending time with my friends.

unnamed (5)Hi everyone!  My name’s Kellie Forbes and I’m the attendance secretary for Making Doctors.  I’m a senior Biological Sciences Major in the Medical Scholars Program.  I have minors in Sociology and Spanish.  I want to be a doctor because I want to make a unique impact on people’s lives and the field of medicine is ever-changing and evolving.  Doctors have a special ability to help people and the doctor-patient relationships is unlike any other.  In my free time, I love to go running and spend time with friends.

unnamed (4)I am Rachael Molitor the Volunteer Coordinator for Making Doctors. I am a Junior and I am double majoring in Neuroscience and Public Policy with a concentration in Health Policy.  I want to be a doctor because I believe that there is more to medicine than just diagnosing patients and prescribing medicine, and I want to be able to create a more holistic approach when it comes to caring for patients.  Meaning, I want to be involved in the social aspect of health and I want to study the underlying causes of illness and disease in communities.  When I’m not studying, I am usually running, traveling, or plotting my next adventure.

unnamed (8)My name is Hannah Harrell. Currently, I am a junior Neuroscience major with minors in Spanish and Biological Sciences. Whenever my schedule allows I always like to do yoga and read mystery novels. Unlike a lot of students pursuing medicine, I have not always known that this was the path for me. It was after a memorable experience shadowing a doctor that I was able to see just a glimpse of what a career in medicine could offer.  The combination of being able to make a difference in someone’s life while simultaneously having the opportunity to learn something new everyday is one of the many reasons why I hope to someday become a doctor.

unnamed (7)Hey everyone, my name is Matt Navarro and I’m a sophomore majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Biology. I’ve always had a strong interest in medicine because in addition to having the opportunity to help others, I’d love to be able to further explore the medical sciences, which I find fascinating. In my free time I love to play soccer, to rock climb, and sometimes just to relax and watch TV.

unnamed (3)Hi everyone! My name is Umma Fatema. I am a sophomore Biological Sciences major. I am minoring in Spanish and thinking about minoring in Biochemistry. I plan to attend medical school after undergrad and I want to specialize in surgery (as of now cardiology is my favorite). I wish to be a doctor because I want to provide people with medical help in the third world countries and I would like to build hospitals where people can receive help for free. In my free time I love to read mystery novels and watch anime.

10246808_634685819945444_1997603261601994485_nHello everyone! My name is Pierce Knox and I am the Webmaster of Making Doctors. I am a junior Chemistry major as well. I would like to become a doctor in the Emergency Medicine field or the Dermatology field. I feel that going into the medical field would be amazing because I would be learning something new everyday so it is always exciting! I am a very active person and love going to the gym, swimming, and kickboxing. I also love making new friends so if you see me around campus please come say hi! I am also a huge Marvel movie fan and am always ready to talk about other movies too!

unnamed (9)Hey everyone! My name is Dhruvi Shah and I’m currently a Junior Biological Sciences major with minors in Medical Humanities and Chemistry. I am interested and hope to have a future career in Pediatrics or Dermatology. I’ve always been fascinated by the human body, the way it works and the ever-increasing knowledge about how to keep its systems in balance. I want to be doctor because not only is it a career which is constantly changing through new treatments and discoveries, but it is also very diverse and compelling. As a doctor I will not only get to play an active role in making a difference in someone’s life, but also keep learning something new everyday. In my free time, you’ll find me either eating, painting or watching Grey’s Anatomy.

unnamed (10)Hi, I am Prashanth Moku. I am currently a Bio major in my senior year. I want to be a doctor because it provides me with a chance to work in diverse environments and assist a wide range of communities. In my free time, I enjoy playing tennis, reading books and watching tv shows on Netflix.