ApplicantsEligibility, Benefits, and Application Instructions
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have completed 60 college credits by May 31st
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (sophomore), 3.0 (junior)
- Be a first generation college student, or a student who is defined as low-income by the U.S. Department of Education, or of a background that is underrepresented in graduate education.
Underrepresented McNair Participants are defined as:
- American Indian/ Alaska Native
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- 10 week summer research experience
- $3,500 stipend, plus on-campus housing and meal plan for the 10-week summer program
- Free GRE or LSAT Exam Preparation
- One-on-one faculty mentoring
- Graduate school application preparation and fee waivers
- GRE fee reduction waivers
Provide complete information, two references, a copy of your most recent personal (independent status) or family (dependent status) federal tax return (1040), and a copy of your transfer transcripts (if applicable). If you do not have a copy of your most recent income tax return, you may call 1-800-TAX-1040 to request an income tax summary. * Please note that tax documents must be hand delivered to the McNair office.
Have your (2) references send a one page letter of recommendation to the McNair Office. Your letter of recommendation may include your assessment of the student’s ability to:
- Think analytically
- Conduct research
- Be responsible and mindful
- Communicate (verbal/written)
- Take initiative and work independently
- Succeed at the graduate level
- Manage multiple academic and extracurricular commitments
- Contribute to a collaborative learning community like the McNair Scholars Program.
This year, the McNair program is implementing a rolling deadline for admissions. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020
Note: Missing or incomplete information will delay the processing of your application.
180 South College Ave