Welcome to the UD Latino/Hispanic Heritage Caucus
The mission of the Latino/Hispanic Heritage Caucus (LHHC) is to advise and inform UD administrators on issues of particular importance to the Latino/Hispanic community at the University of Delaware. The caucus is dedicated to voicing and advancing issues affecting the community and to promoting a more inclusive, diverse and equitable campus environment.
The Latino/Hispanic Heritage Caucus is one of nine Diversity Caucuses, administered by the Office of Equity & Inclusion.
The Latino/Hispanic Heritage Caucus Professional Development Award is an award for up to $500 that will support a UD faculty or staff member’s participation in a conference relating to advocacy, recruitment/retention, and/or the advancement of issues affecting Latinos. Conferences focused on promoting a more inclusive, diverse, and equitable campus environment are preferred but not required. We are soliciting nominations starting October 2021 with a February 14, 2022 application deadline. Funds will need to be spent by June 30th, 2022. Preference will be given to those who present at a conference or who are willing to present what they learn to the Latino/Hispanic Heritage Caucus. The awardee must provide up to 5 images illustrating their conference experience including at least one picture of the awardee at the conference.
LATINX/HISPANIC STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Campus Alliance de La Raza, (CALR)
- Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc. (LPC)
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon Fraternity, Inc. (LSU)
- Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority, Inc. (LTA)
- Mi Gente: An Intervarsity Christian Fellowship small group
- No Blue Hen Is Illegal
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
LATINO/HISPANIC GRADUATE STUDENT ORGANIZATION:
- Hispanic/Latino Graduate Student Association – For more information about the organization, contact the H/LGSA team at email@example.com.
Latinx Space for Enrichment and Research (LASER) – Originally established at the Ohio State University, LASER (Latinx Space for Enrichment Research) at UD is a research-based community program that will connect UD student mentors with high school mentees from Latinx and other communities underrepresented in higher education. Click here to learn more