Facilities and Equipment
Researchers in the Kiick group have access to state of the art scientific instrumentation and the expertise of highly knowledgeable technical staff at the following research core facilities:
- Advanced Materials Characterization Lab
- Center for Biomedical and Brain Imaging
- DBI Bioimaging Center
- Mass Spectrometry Core Facility
- NMR Laboratory
- UD Nanofabrication Facility
- UD Sequencing and Genotyping Center
- Keck Center for Microscopy and Microanalysis
Additional information can be found here.
The Kiick Laboratories in DuPont Hall and Ammon Pinizzotto Biopharmaceutical Innovation Center are equipped with the following instrumentation to support our research efforts:
- Protein engineering and peptide work: Aapptec automated peptide synthesizer, Liberty Blue microwave peptide synthesizer, AKTA Explorer 10S FPLC, Waters Delta600 HPLC, autoclave, Barnstead NANOpure Diamond water purification unit, Sorvall floor-model superspeed refrigerated centrifuge with 2 rotors (50-mL, 250-mL), Eppendorf 5810R multipurpose centrifuge with 2 rotors, 2 room temperature Eppendorf microcentrifuges, PCR thermocycler, ultralow temperature freezers, all DNA and protein electrophoresis equipment, gel documentation systems, transilluminator, lyophilizers and pumps, shaking and stationary liter scale fermentation units, biological safety cabinets, sonicating dismembrator, cryostorage equipment, autoclave, cold room, microwave, ice machine.
- Materials characterization: Malvern dynamic light scattering particle sizer and zeta potential measurer, Texas Instruments AR-G2 stress-controlled rheometer, Agilent Cary 60 UV-vis spectrophotometer, JASCO circular dichroism spectrophotometer, spectrophotometric plate reader, optical microscope.
- Other lab equipment: UV photocrosslinking set up, ultrasonic water bath, stationary incubators, analytical and top-loading balances, pH meter, stir plates, vortex mixers.