Every year, a new group of University of Delaware Plastino Scholars ventures off campus to different parts of the globe with hopes of transforming society through independent projects. And when they return home, they often realize they were transformed along the way....read more
Keith Handling's retirement party filled the North Atrium of the Health Sciences Complex last week with students, alumni, appreciative colleagues and other well-wishers saluting the beloved and long-serving associate professor in Kinesiology and Applied Physiology....read more
Delaware Public Media featured a story about the Control of Balance and Locomotion (CoBal) Lab. Read the story here.read more
Explore KAAP Programs
We provide students with a collaborative culture to learn and pursue rigorous research that has an immediate impact on the health of society.
Meet Our New Faculty
Brain imaging and motor behavior in healthy aging and movement disorders.
– Risk of Parkinson’s disease
– Motor phenotyping in Parkinson’s disease
Biomechanics and Human Movement
– Implementation of interventions in athletes to reduce injury risk and increase performance for upper and lower extremities.
– Use of embedded sensors to assess patient range-of-motion and quality of life in therapy and surgical interventions
Sensorimotor Control and Robotic Rehabilitation Lab
Upper Limb Robotic Assessment and Rehabilitation
– Sensorimotor Control and Learning
– Movement Disorders
– Brain Imaging
– Brain Stimulation Technologies
KAAP Featured Research
The gross anatomy laboratory is an important teaching resource for the Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology at the University of Delaware. A student and a faculty member give an introduction to the space in the College of Health Science’s STAR Campus. Visit https://www.chs.udel.edu/ for more info.