Kinesiology and Applied Physiology Department
Explore KAAP Programs
We provide students with a collaborative culture to learn and pursue rigorous research that has an immediate impact on the health of society.
Meet Our New Faculty
Orthotics & Prosthetics for Enhanced Mobility Laboratory
Prosthetic and Orthotic Devices Design
– Manufacture (3D Printing)
– Personalized Prescription Biomechanics & Human Movement
– Adaptive capacity of human musculoskeletal system
– Interaction between musculoskeletal system and devices during walking
Biomarker identification and therapeutic development for:
– Muscular dystrophy
– Cachexia/muscle atrophy
– Lysosomal storage diseases
Sensory Processing during Standing/Walking
– Vestibular loss
– Cerebral Palsy
– Parkinson’s Disease
KAAP Featured Research
Did you know Ice Hockey has more concussions than other other collegiate sport?
See how Dr. Thomas Buckley’s Athletic Training Lab are studying the role of repetitive head impacts and concussion through an ice hockey season, by monitoring gait and balance, and tracking sub-concussive hits via helmet telemetry sensor devices.