About the Innovation Health & Design lab
The primary mission of the Innovation Health & Design Lab is to improve health outcomes and quality of life for various patient population through design. Our research starts with patients and empathy – we meet with members of the community to design, develop, and test wearables that will enhance patient health and overall wellbeing. Wearables include clothing, wearable technology, protective equipment, and rehabilitative or medical devices. Our goal is to design wearables that address the broad spectrum of patients’ needs and to highlight the importance of patient-centered design in health sciences.
The Innovation, Health, & Design Lab is a state-of-the-art design center located in The Tower at STAR campus. A hub for design thinking and learning, the Innovation, Health, & Design Lab supports all stages of the design process with a fully equipped functional design lab and adjacent ideation/meeting space for meeting with patients, collaborators and a classroom for holding workshops.
- CAD Solidworks
- Electronics Prototyping Station
- GeoMagic Freeform with Haptic Pen & 3D mouse
- Human Solutions CadCam.Assyst
- Human Solutions 3D Body Scanner & Anthroscan software
- Lulzbot 3D Printer
- NVivo qualitative software
- Shima Seiki WHOLEGARMENT Knitting Machine
- Sewing machines, including (Bernina Embroidery Machine, Juki model, ActiveSeam, Coverstitch, Serger…)
- Tajima Embroidery Machine
- TUKAtech 2D, 3D CAD, Plotter, Digitizer
- Vidya software
- ZMorph VX Multitool 3D Printer