As my first semester as an editor of 186 South College comes to an end, I feel incredibly grateful to have been able to work with such a creative, dedicated, amazing group of editors and writers. I decided to look back at the articles that have been posted over the past few months, and I noticed that an interesting theme had emerged. Many of our writers chose to explore difficult topics of stress, anxiety, self-acceptance, self-care, and more. Topics that society often discourages us from talking about were brought to light through the words of our Honors students. Our writers were real. They were raw. They were unapologetically themselves. And I want to take a moment to thank them for that.

Thank you all for your hard work, your openness, and your bravery. Thank you for deciding to speak up about the things that you have been struggling with, the things that were hard for you to share. Thank you for showing students that it is okay to be human and that they are not alone.

Honors students can sometimes feel pressured to be the best, to overachieve in everything, to give 100% all the time. The truth is, that is just not possible. We are all human beings, and we can only do so much. My fellow bloggers chose to remind Honors students of that this semester, and being able to help them promote self-care and self-acceptance was an experience that I will treasure. We are lucky to have an Honors Program here at UD that provides us with the opportunity to speak up about these topics, and that supports us and cares for us during each step of our college journey.

This post may have been a bit cheesy, but it is something that I felt I needed to express. I’m so incredibly proud of my team this semester and I look forward to working with you throughout the rest of my senior year.