It’s the time of the year again! With just about two more weeks of classes, finals are quickly approaching. Unfortunately.  But, we just have to keep reminding ourselves that after all the stress and anxiety summer will be here, (Insert High School Musical 2 reference here)!

However, there is still much to be done before we can all go our separate ways and leave Newark behind for three months.  If you are like me, you still have plenty of work still left to do.  For some reason though, I am finding it so hard to concentrate on studying these past few days (senioritis a little early?).  Maybe it’s because my friends at other schools are posting on social media how they are done already.  Or maybe it’s because the weather is getting somewhat decent.  No matter the reason, with finals coming fast, I have been in dire need of some new places to study.

So, as I was walking around campus the past few days, I made sure to keep an eye out for a new, maybe abstract place I can call my new study spot, especially now that it’s nice enough to sit outside.  And, being as I am a super considerate person, I will divulge a few of my favorites:

1.     Old College Benches- I don’t know why, but Old College is one of my favorite places to go because it seems so calm all of the time.  Even though it is right on Main Street, once I pass through the brick entrance, I feel a sense of quietness that really helps me to focus and study.  Plus, the beautiful scenery makes for an excellent photo-op to Instagram!

Old College

photo from MarieClaire.com

2.     Umbrella Areas- Outside Trabant, Perkins and the Library, there are tables with umbrellas that provide the perfect outside study space.  Not only do you have an entire table where you can spread out all of your materials, but the umbrella also provides the perfect amount of shade so you can use your laptop and not have to worry about the annoying glare from the sun on your screen.

3.     Third Floor of the Library- Before this semester, I was afraid of going above the second level of the library in fear I would somehow be too loud.  However, my roommate Allie swears by it. So, I joined her one day and fell in love. I get so much work done when I go there. It’s the perfect place to go when you just want quiet and no one to bother you.  Plus, the library is pretty much a freezer, which is always very much appreciated now that the temperatures are higher outside and consequently in residence halls like Russell.

While I will not give away my number one favorite spot to study, I hope you enjoy these gems!  What are some of your favorite study spots on campus? Take advantage of them these last few weeks, and hopefully they help you get that extra push and end the semester on a high note!

Good luck on finals, Blue Hens! And may the odds be ever in our favor!

~Hannah Tattersall

hannahtattblog