Meet the Honors NSO Staff!

Christine Yang Schultz '00 MA '06 EdD

Christine Yang Schultz '00 MA '06 EdD

Associate Director

“Welcoming new Honors students is the best part of my job. In this picture, I’m with Ari ’21, who was a Munson Fellow last year. We were welcoming the class of 2023 to Redding on move-in day in August 2019.

I’m entering my 25th year at UD and the Blue Hen community is like family.  Looking forward to meeting you and your families this summer during NSO!”

Sarah Dobe-Hund

Sarah Dobe-Hund

Co-Curricular Program Coordinator

“NSO is my opportunity to tell new students about all the wonderful things we do in Honors.  I supervise our student leaders and some of the clubs that make Honors special. In this picture I’m in the front of the Munson Fellows and Senior Fellows at our 2019 holiday brunch. We plan all sorts of events and activities to engage students outside of the classroom.

Ask me how you can get involved in Honors, and it will make my day!”

Francesca Wells '86 BS

Francesca Wells '86 BS

Administrative Assistant

“I love working at UD because it feels like home.  I graduated from UD in the 80’s and am so excited to work at my favorite place.  My daughter is graduating from UD’s nursing program this year and she feels the same way!  Hope you will love UD as much as we do!”

Honors Peer Advisors

Hannah Braun '22

Hannah Braun '22

Huntington, New York

Hannah is studying Economics and Finance in the Lerner College of Business & Economics.

“My favorite Honors course was my English 110, The Anthropocene: Composing Climate Change, which focused on the use of rhetoric in climate change communication.  Not only did this class make me a better writer, but it introduced me to my current passion for environmental economics.  The issue of climate change is extremely relevant, and this class taught me to never underestimate the power of language and its ability to inspire people and enact change.”

Maggie Buckridge '23

Maggie Buckridge '23

Bridgewater, New Jersey

Maggie is studying Public Policy and Criminal Justice in the College of Arts & Sciences, and is pictured here with her dog Ted.

“I am committed to creating a socially-engaged UD community. I’m passionate about starting meaningful conversations about gender-based violence and volunteer as a victim advocate with the Sexual Offense Support. As a College of Arts & Sciences Student, I serve of the Dean’s student advisory council to represent the needs and wants of the student body. In my free time, I enjoy reading and spending time with friends. I am looking forward to being a Munson Fellow this upcoming fall semester and getting to know the Honors class of 2024!”

Elizabeth Patrick '22

Elizabeth Patrick '22

Annapolis, Maryland

Elizabeth is studying Health Behavior Science in the College of Health Sciences.

“My favorite Honors course was probably my freshman colloquium with Mr. Peters. It was entitled “The Art of Medicine” and completely opened my eyes to what I am passionate about within the health field. I always looked forward to this class and the discussions with Mr. Peters about our readings or assignments.  Mr. Peters also oversees the Writing Fellows program, so I’m taking another class with him to become a Writing Fellow this fall!”

Abhigna Rao '22

Abhigna Rao '22

Morris Plains, New Jersey

Abhigna is studying Neuroscience and Communications in the College of Arts & Sciences.

“I applied to 10 universities, but ultimately chose UD because of the vibrant community and welcoming atmosphere.  At UD, the students and faculty are extremely kind and helpful, and the campus environment feels like home. Moreover, the opportunities that the Honors Program offered to students really stood out to me, and I loved the idea of getting connected with the students around me.”

Emily Reburn '22

Emily Reburn '22

Hockessin, Delaware

Emily is studying Accounting and Management Information Systems in the Lerner College of Business & Economics.

“One thing you absolutely need to bring to campus is an open mind. There are so many opportunities surrounding you, and the start of college is a great chance to try new things. Sign up for a new club, audition for a musical theatre production, get involved in the Honors community, or just explore anything you might have an interest in. Even if you aren’t sure if you’ll like something, try it anyway! You could discover a hobby or passion you never expected.”