Meet the Honors NSO Staff!

Christine Yang Schultz '00 MA '06 EdD

Christine Yang Schultz '00 MA '06 EdD

Associate Director

“Welcoming new Honors students is the best part of my job.  I look forward to meeting you and your families this summer!”

Sarah Dobe-Hund

Sarah Dobe-Hund

Co-Curricular Program Coordinator

“NSO is my opportunity to tell new students about all the wonderful things we do in Honors.  I supervise our student leaders and some of the clubs that make Honors special. In this picture I’m in the front of the Munson Fellows and Honors Community Fellows at a holiday brunch. We plan all sorts of events and activities to engage students outside of the classroom.

Ask me how you can get involved in Honors, and it will make my day!”

Francesca Wells '86 BS

Francesca Wells '86 BS

Administrative Assistant

“I love working at UD because it feels like home.  I graduated from UD in the 80’s and am so excited to work at my favorite place.  My daughter is a recent graduate from UD’s nursing program and she feels the same way!  Hope you will love UD as much as we do!”

Honors Peer Advisors

Hailey Rosenblum '23

Hailey Rosenblum '23

Voorhees, NJ

Hailey is studying neuroscience and Spanish studies, both in the College of Arts & Sciences.

Hailey joined the Honors Planning Board as a freshman. Now, she’ll be one of the Student Coordinators of the group for 2021-2022!  “I got to help organize events for Honors students and foster a sense of community outside of the classroom and residence halls. What we plan gets students to take a break from classwork.”  She is looking forward to planning field trips and actively recruiting new board members!

Rachel, top right on a Zoom call with her labmates in Integrated biology/chemistry.  One of her favorite memories from freshman year is trying to grow yeast cultures in an at-home experiment.

Maya Patel '24

Maya Patel '24

Newark, DE

Maya is studying Cognitive Science in the College of Arts & Sciences, with a minor in Disability Studies.

Favorite Honors Course: “It was my Honors colloquium, ‘Food, Glorious Food: Challenges for the 21st Century’ with Dr. Joerger. I had originally been interested in this class because of the title, but I ended up learning so much about the issues facing our food systems and what ordinary college students can do to help mitigate them. Even though my major could not be more different from Food Science, I learned so many valuable skills that I can use when writing about research that is related to my future career.”

While Angel hasn’t been to UD’s campus yet, after applying to ~30 colleges she chose UD because it has an excellent array of things to do.  She’s attended a bunch of different club meetings and joined AKPsi professional fraternity this year, and looks forward to the variety of study abroad programs to choose from in the coming years.

During Hailey’s first-year, she lived on the first floor of Louis L. Redding Hall.  There’s a sand volleyball court right outside where her friends played games regularly.  Hailey was also fond of lounge hangouts and attending Perkins Live events on Friday nights.

Rachel Jaffe '24

Rachel Jaffe '24

Cherry Hill, NJ

Rachel is studying Biological Sciences in the College of Arts & Sciences.

One thing she wish she knew before starting at UD: “The focus at UD is to create lifelong learners, not just robots who complete assignments and move on.  Professors want to give you the freedom to explore your passions, so be open-minded and prepared to enter each class with a set of intentions!” (Oh and it’s “U-D” – never “U-Del”!)

Before coming to UD, Maya says she wish she knew her learning would not be limited to her courses.  Through Registered Student Organization involvement and Dr. Munson’s Study Breaks (one pictured here), she said “I’ve been able to connect with professors and students from so many different disciplines.”

Angelia Monica '24

Angelia Monica '24

Jakarta, Indonesia

Angel is studying International Business and Finance in the Lerner College of Business & Economics. She spent her first year of college learning remotely from Indonesia but found plenty of ways to get involved. She’s excited to finally come to campus this fall!

Favorite Honors Course: BUAD110.  “I had such an amazing experience exploring my passion in the business world. The small classes in Honors made discussions so much better.”