Honors Course Registration Information
- Fall 2021 Course Booklet
- Fall 2021 Capstone Chart
- Summer 2021 Honors Sections
- HIST 280-080 Global Environmental History, Prof. Eve Buckley
- HIST 319-080 Revolutionary America, 1760-1789, Prof. Bruce Bendler
- HIST 341-080 Ancient Rome, Prof. Michael Frassetto
- Types of Honors Courses (including information on Individual Honors Contracts)
- Registration Details for Honors College Students
- Registration Information for Students not yet in the Honors College
UD Registration Tools
|Please use only if you cannot enroll in an open Honors course for which you meet the prerequisites and restrictions. Forms submitted before your enrollment appointment date/time will not be considered.|
Registration Details for Honors Students
- General Honors Award: Review the requirements for the General Honors Award.
- Honors Degree: Review the requirements and FAQs for the Honors Degree.
- Honors Course Expectations: 3 credits of Honors coursework is required each academic year. Please review the Honors Degree requirements for your major which are listed in the UD Catalog. While taking one honors course an academic year keeps you eligible to remain in honors, you will need to enroll in more than one honors course per academic year to earn the Honors Degree or the Honors Degree with Distinction.
- Honors Section Numbers: Honors classes are denoted by 080-089 section numbers. You can confirm that the course is Honors by clicking on the course number in the Courses Search. The note should say “This is an Honors section/course.”
- Course Restrictions: Some Honors courses may have additional restrictions (such as “Open to Majors Only” or “Open to Honors Freshmen and Sophomores Only,” etc.). These restrictions appear in the Honors Course Book and may also appear under “Notes” in the Courses Search. If you believe you meet the requirements but are unable to enroll, complete the Honors Course Request Form. Do not contact faculty or department offices to enroll in Honors courses which are full or otherwise restricted. If the course you want is full, you will have to wait for a seat to become available in order to add the course. We do not over-enroll Honors courses. Prerequisites listed in the catalog or on Courses Search will be absolute restrictions in UDSIS. In other words, students will not be able to enroll themselves in courses without the published prerequisite. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite, UDSIS will assume successful completion of the course during the initial enrollment period. If you do not successfully complete the prerequisite, you will lose your enrollment after grades are posted.
- Registrar’s Office: For helpful information from the Registrar’s Office see this page.
- Honors in UDSIS: Please check your majors, minors, and Honors coding in UDSIS, especially if you have changed or added any majors or minors recently. If you are missing your Honors coding in UDSIS, please contact the Honors College at 831-1195. If you are missing any of your majors or minors in UDSIS, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
- Prerequisites: Prerequisites listed in the catalog or on Courses Search will be absolute restrictions in UDSIS. In other words, students will not be able to enroll themselves in courses without the published prerequisite. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite, UDSIS will assume successful completion of the course during the initial enrollment period. If you do not successfully complete the prerequisite, you will lose your enrollment after grades are posted.
- GPA: First year Honors students are expected to earn at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA at the end of the first year (end of spring semester). Beyond first year, honors students are expected to earn at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA at the end of their second and third year. You will be eligible to take Honors courses in the spring with at least a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher at the end of the fall semester.
- GPA Concerns: If anyone is concerned about their GPA, you are encouraged to contact the Honors College office to set up an appointment.