Honors Course Registration Information
Grading (policy update due to COVID-19):
In Fall 2020, honors courses taken High Pass or Mid Pass may be used to fulfill an Honors requirement toward the General Honors Award or Honors Degree. For full details about changes to UD’s academic regulations, visit the UD coronavirus website.
- Spring 2021 Course Booklet – Coming Soon
- Spring 2021 Free-Standing List – Coming Soon
- Honors ENGL110 and Colloquia Descriptions – Coming Soon
- Updated Capstone Chart – Coming Soon
- Types of Honors Courses (including information on Individual Honors Contracts)
- Registration Details for Honors College Students
- Registration Information for Students not yet in the Honors College
UD Registration Tools
|Please use only if you cannot enroll in an open Honors course for which you meet the prerequisites and restrictions. Forms submitted before your enrollment appointment date/time will not be considered.|
|If you have issues enrolling in your Honors ENGL 110 or Honors Colloquium or other requests, fill out this form.|
- General Honors Award: Review the requirements for the General Honors Award.
- Honors Degree: Review the requirements and FAQs for the Honors Degree.
- Honors Course Expectations: 3 credits of Honors coursework is required each academic year. Please review the Honors Degree requirements for your major which are listed in the UD Catalog. While taking one honors course an academic year keeps you eligible to remain in honors, you will need to enroll in more than one honors course per academic year to earn the Honors Degree or the Honors Degree with Distinction.
- Honors Section Numbers: Honors classes are denoted by 080-089 section numbers. You can confirm that the course is Honors by clicking on the course number in the Courses Search. The note should say “This is an Honors section/course.”
- Course Restrictions: Some Honors courses may have additional restrictions (such as “Open to Majors Only” or “Open to Honors Freshmen and Sophomores Only,” etc.). These restrictions appear in the Honors Course Book and may also appear under “Notes” in the Courses Search. If you believe you meet the requirements but are unable to enroll, complete the Honors Course Request Form. Do not contact faculty or department offices to enroll in Honors courses which are full or otherwise restricted. If the course you want is full, you will have to wait for a seat to become available in order to add the course. We do not over-enroll Honors courses. Pre-requisites listed in the catalog or on the Courses Search will be absolute restrictions in UDSIS. In other words, students will not be able to enroll themselves in courses without the published pre-requisite. If you are currently enrolled in the pre-requisite, UDSIS will assume successful completion of the course during the initial enrollment period. If you do not successfully complete the pre-requisite, you will lose your enrollment after grades are posted.
- Registrar’s Office: For helpful information from the Registrar’s Office see this page.
- Honors in UDSIS: Please check your majors, minors, and honors coding in UDSIS, especially if you have changed or added any majors or minors recently. If you are missing your Honors coding in UDSIS, please contact the Honors College at 831-1195. If you are missing any of your majors or minors in UDSIS, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-requisites: Pre-requisites listed in the catalog or on the Class Search will be absolute restrictions in UDSIS. In other words, students will not be able to enroll themselves in courses without the published pre-requisite. If you are currently enrolled in the pre-requisite, UDSIS will assume successful completion of the course during the initial enrollment period. If you do not successfully complete the pre-requisite, you will lose your enrollment after grades are posted.
Additional Registration Information for Honors Class of 2024
- Course times for ENGL110 and Colloquia will be available on Courses Search.
- Students will register for Honors ENGL 110 or Colloquia after their initial enrollment appointments. Seats in Honors sections of ENGL 110 and Honors Colloquia will be released on November 19 at 9:00 AM. Honors ENGL 110 and Colloquia will be enrolled on a first-come/first-serve basis. Do not contact faculty about enrolling in a particular Honors ENGL 110 section or Colloquium, as they will not be able to permit students into their classes.
- If you have issues enrolling in your Honors ENGL 110 or Honors Colloquium or other requests, fill out the ENGL110/Colloquium Registration Issue Form.
- GPA: First year Honors students are expected to earn at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA at the end of the first year (end of spring semester). You will be eligible to take Honors courses in the spring with at least a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher at the end of the fall semester. Honors classes can be counted using the modified pass option available in Fall 2020.
- GPA Concerns: If anyone is concerned about their GPA, feel free to contact the Honors College office to set up an appointment to discuss your options.